XPS M1530 Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Oggy, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Oggy

Oggy VIP Member

Hi guys, I haven't been here for some time......:redface

I have a problem with my M1530. When I turn it on the blue lights on the bar adjacent to the on/off switch flash but it doesn't do anything else. No Dell splash screen. It just sits there and does nothing. If I switch it and off between 6 and 10 times it eventually works.

I read somewhere that it could be the HDD failing so I have replaced it and for a couple of days it was OK but the fault is now reoccurring. :(

Any ideas what it could be?

Oggy, Jul 23, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Oggy

Ian Administrator

Could be a failing motherboard :(

Once it's on, does it stay on? Does it do anything different when powered by battery or mains?

It's a long shot, but try cleaning up any dust from inside fans/heatsink fins (although this isn't directly related, it may have contributed to the failure) and then try swapping out the RAM. If you've not got any spare RAM, try removing it and see if it gives you any beeps or additional error info. It would be interesting to see if it does anything different without any memory, as it could indicate that it has failed.

Ian, Jul 24, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question