Xp Pro Color Schemes

Discussion in 'Software' started by richbtwo, Jan 4, 2004.

1. richbtwo

richbtwo NY Yankees

Older versions of windows gave a person numerous color schemes. Are there any more schemes for XP Pro users....I'm sick and tired of using default blue. olive and silver. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

richbtwo, Jan 4, 2004
    1. Advertisements

2. richbtwo

James Photojournalist

The best place to get themes is from http://themexp.org.

You will need to have StyleXP installed to use some of the themes that are listed there.

James, Jan 4, 2004
    1. Advertisements

3. richbtwo

richbtwo NY Yankees

:D Thanks for the info James! I was really getting tired of the same boring themes that come with XP Pro. I spend most of my day in front of this computer and therefore the change in scenery will do me well.

richbtwo, Jan 5, 2004
  4. richbtwo

richbtwo NY Yankees

Any web sites that have good wallpaper.........we had one we looked at while at work that had great photoshop tutorials and wallpaper

richbtwo, Jan 5, 2004
  5. richbtwo

James Photojournalist

James, Jan 5, 2004
  6. richbtwo

be3r

James, what do you think about StyleXP or WindowsBlinds? I really like to use themes, but I hate how the run down ram. Any tips you know about them?

be3r, Feb 19, 2004
  7. richbtwo

James Photojournalist

I use StyleXP for my Silver / blue theme (Start button is blue) and I have no memory issues. StyleXP has an option to not take up any resources. Never used WindowsBlinds though.

James, Feb 19, 2004
  8. richbtwo

.slack Angsty Teenager VIP Member

I use WindowBlinds, and it works great! In my opinion, WindowBlinds is the better one. I began with WindowBlinds, and hated it's slow speed, so I switched to StyleXP. However, after trying out the NEW WindowBlinds, I have to say, it's a lot better. Also, you get a greater variety of skins. There are even special features like 'Roll Up', where a right-click or double-click on the titlebar allows you to literally roll up the window, showing just the titlebar. Also, you can get wacky skins like FausX-Toon, which are fun to use. Simple but beautiful themes like Classic Luna are available too!
    My suggestion is that you pay for the full version. I've got the warez version. I know, hypocritical, but you can't expect me to afford it at 14 years old. Get Object Desktop for the ultimate makeover of your GUI. Trust me, you won't regret it.

.slack, Feb 19, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question