Windows 7 multiple desktops?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Feartheterp, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Feartheterp

Feartheterp noob! VIP Member

I recently upgraded my Laptop to Windows Seven since HP gave me a free upgrade option. In Windows Vista you could run multiple desktops but with the new taskbar it seems like you can't in Windows 7

I guess I should explain what I would love to be able to do;

Tonight I plan on watching the Eagles vs Cowboys game thru an online feed but will use an HDMI cable to watch it on my TV. While me and my bud are going to play a video game on our laptop. So I want the Cowboys VS Eagles game to be displayed on my TV while my game is on my laptop. Is this possible? I am using ATI drivers if that makes a difference. Thank you

Feartheterp, Jan 9, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Feartheterp

Core in pounce mode Moderator

Uhh...can Hydravision do this?

Core, Jan 9, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Feartheterp

clifford VIP Member

Try pressing "Win Logo + P" to bring up the Projection Menu for multiple monitors.

clifford, Jan 10, 2010
    Core likes this.
  4. Feartheterp

Codex85 Mouse Potato VIP Member

What's the issue you're running into? I run two monitors on windows 7 without problem.

Once the secondary display is plugged in, under Display > Screen Resolution, you should see two displays. Under "Multiple displays," there should be an option titled "Extend these displays."

Edit: Or you can just do what clifford said--that's a useful shortcut to know!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
    Codex85, Jan 10, 2010
    Core likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question