weird music

Discussion in 'System Security & Infection Support' started by Ruler1, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Ruler1

Ruler1 Hi VIP Member

sometimes when im on the computer a short piece of music will play for like 1-2 seconds.....it is like no music i have on my computer and just now it played for 1 second while i was playing other music...wtf is it? its wierd

i also heard the same thing on the Dell

Ruler1, Feb 11, 2004
    1. Advertisements

2. Ruler1

SwitCh \\ ├črainstorm \\ VIP Member

Thats Odd!

Hm sounds like a funny problem make sure that sound isn't set to play when you do things like Empty The Recycle Bin, Minimize a window etc. See whats set to everything by going to My Computer > Control Panel > Sounds and Multimedia.

SwitCh, Feb 11, 2004
    1. Advertisements

3. Ruler1

Ruler1 Hi VIP Member

no it just happened out of the blue....and i heard the sound on the Dell during the login screen once ...my sister was logged on at the time and she had nothing running except AIM and no it wasnt anything with AIM

Ruler1, Feb 11, 2004
  4. Ruler1

sics

This sounds like a trojan on your computer. Have you scanned your computer for viruses and trojans?

A good trojan remover is the cleaner and you can download a 30 day eval. from: www.moosoft.com

Hope this helps :)

sics, Feb 12, 2004
  5. Ruler1

James Photojournalist

There's another thread similar to this one, do you have ZoneAlarm or any other software firewall installed? If so, they could make a noise when an alert issues. Also, check out our Handy Tools section.

James, Feb 12, 2004
  6. Ruler1

SwitCh \\ ├črainstorm \\ VIP Member

sics is right ;)

sics is right The Cleaner is one of the absolute best at catching trojans on or off your system. Not to mention every few days they upgrade the database and tons of other stuff so its never really behind in the fight. BTW sics I've had The Cleaner more than 30 days and it still allows me to scan,update etc? After the 30 day trial what exactly is supposed to happen.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2004
    SwitCh, Feb 12, 2004
  7. Ruler1

sics

It's supposed to shut down, until you buy the program.. I know that is what happens with version 4 of the program. My clients usually end up buying the program once the demo is installed :)

sics, Feb 12, 2004
  8. Ruler1

Ruler1 Hi VIP Member

i have some other questions that arent related to this:
    1. when u run ad-aware and take off everything....it doesnt allow me to use the internet anymore, so i have to use system restore....this never happened to me before as i always just got rid of evrything that it found and it was all good
    2. and theres a message in my status bar on my browser that says: WYSWYG Editor initialized for Internet explorer in 0 seconds."

its been there for a while and im just wondering what the heck it is

Ruler1, Feb 13, 2004
  9. Ruler1

James Photojournalist

WYSIWYG = What you see is what you get. It's the editor we use here. That is normal.

As for your spyware issue, sometimes your system files gets infected and ad-aware removes that file... That's why you should be careful on what your removing. :|

James, Feb 13, 2004
  10. Ruler1

Ruler1 Hi VIP Member

hmmmm...crap...well i like to remove files from ad-aware every so often....how do i fix those infected files?

and btw in ad-aware there are some files that it auto checks for some reason...have no idea why...are they really bad files or something?

EDIT: ok here are the files it auto checks: New.Net (has some cog thing beside it) and they are NSP and LSP and they have stuff saying about UDP chains and TCP Chain and filter

i think those are the ones causing the problem but im not sure

Last edited: Feb 13, 2004
    Ruler1, Feb 13, 2004
  11. Ruler1

Kristi I'm Baaaackkk!! VIP Member

That is usually well known spyware.

Kristi, Feb 13, 2004
  12. Ruler1

Ruler1 Hi VIP Member

u read the edited part? cuz i just posted that...(i will delete this post then)

Ruler1, Feb 13, 2004
  13. Ruler1

James Photojournalist

New.net is malware / spyware. If I remember correctly CWSshredder can remove this, check out handy tools.

James, Feb 14, 2004
  14. Ruler1

sics

New.net is a plug in for the New.net domain names. You can see the examples and home page here: http://www.new.net/

sics, Feb 14, 2004
  15. Ruler1

C-Rolla DSM Parts Pimp

I had this same problem. I am CONSTANTLY Scanning for virus's, adware, spyware ect...I always check patches and updates. Its coming from AIM. I have DeadAim, which was supposed to get rid of that stuff. It got rid of the ad's, but the sounds for the advertisements still come up every once in a random while. Once I updated to the new version of DeadAim, it went away. You can get DeadAim at Jdennis.net I paid for it, and I LOVE it.

C-Rolla, Feb 14, 2004
  16. Ruler1

RD2DG I smell a bump! VIP Member

De-ad aim get it?
    there service over there isnt very nice.... you ask a newbie question and they spam you with millions of hate posts from the butt-holes that are over there and there forums are so incredibly S L O W . . .

i still like dead aim i have the newest verison of it....But when i updated aim, dead aim dosnt work so i had to go back to the older verison... and yes i can still hear the ads...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2004
    RD2DG, Feb 14, 2004
  17. Ruler1

TacoX DomineNonEsDignus VIP Member

i am having this exact same probelm, and yea it is aim. i was logged on a different computer without dead aim and the same ad played with a video clip at the top of my buddylist that mysteriously played on my computer without any video or anything. so like c-rolla said dead aim got rid of the video just not the sound.

TacoX, Feb 14, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question