Vista Problem with Apache Friends

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ruler1, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Ruler1

Ruler1 Hi VIP Member

Hello, I have Vista Ultimate installed on my PC and I also have Apache Friends (with xampp) installed as well. Now, although I haven't uninstalled it to make sure, I am fairly certain (since it only happened after I installed it) that it is somewhat incompatible with Vista. The problem is, is that I can't access the Network and Sharing Center (I can but it takes a few minutes to show, and won't let me click on anything within that screen (or is very slow, I never waited long enough to find out)).

Is anyone familiar with this problem enough to help me figure out how to fix this?

Ruler1, Aug 14, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Ruler1

Fenis-Wolf VIP Member

You can't access the Vista Network and Sharing Center?
    Apache shouldn't interfere with that-it sounds like you're having a problem with your install, or other software. What happens if you uninstall Apache? I'm guessing you won't see a change in the access speeds.

Fenis-Wolf, Aug 30, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Ruler1

Ruler1 Hi VIP Member

I actually figured out the problem, it was unrelated to apache, was just something retarded with Vista.

Ruler1, Aug 31, 2007
  4. Ruler1

Zeus Moderator

So what was the fix?

Zeus, Aug 31, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question