Virus Removal

Discussion in 'System Security & Infection Support' started by siege_war, Nov 25, 2003.

1. siege_war

siege_war

Hello,

I have a download.trojan on my moms computer. I went to the symantec website where is said how I could be able to remove it by entering safe mode taking system restore off ect, The only thing is that I can not get into safe mode when I press f8 it freezes and I am not allowed to choose anything, this has caused a big problem I would like to know if there is anyways that I could go about removing it would anyone be able to help???

siege_war, Nov 25, 2003
    1. Advertisements

2. siege_war

James Photojournalist VIP Member

I had that virus on my old machine at work, I was dumb to "trust" a flakey site. :redface

Everytime you hit F8 it locks up? I believe you can shut the service down in normal mode by going to Control Panel and Admin Tools | Services.

James, Nov 25, 2003
    1. Advertisements

3. siege_war

siege_war

what am I trying to shut off? the computer does not let me choose to go into safe mode boot properly or anything like that, The only reason is that NAV does nt let you delete the actual trojan it quarantines it and then says that you cant delete it and it cannot be fixed :doh

siege_war, Nov 26, 2003
  4. siege_war

James Photojournalist VIP Member

There's a service named Windows System Restore, disable that.

James, Nov 26, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question