V for Vendetta

Discussion in 'Books, Movies, TV and music' started by James, Feb 21, 2006.

1. James

spike228 ST 38 VIP Member

that is one of the reasons why i hate the censorship of light words in these forums. the astericks replaced "heck" except with 2 "L's" instead of a "ck" and the 3 lettered one was gays (minus the s because it only filters it out if its not used plurally)

spike228, Mar 21, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. James

James Photojournalist

FYI, gay is not censored.

James, Mar 21, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. James

Codex85 Mouse Potato VIP Member

It is. I had to hyphenate it.

EDIT: It was when I tried to type it eight posts ago.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2006
    Codex85, Mar 21, 2006
  4. James

S Walch MAME 0.64 :) VIP Member

gays ****

Edt: Well, the firey 4 letter place is censored - gay, gays, homo - isn't

S Walch, Mar 21, 2006
  5. James

Nickweb Resident Filmaker Moderator

Wow, I'm a bit scared to post in this thread now, lol
    I'd like to go and see the film, the UK premiere was on while I was in London, i could have gone to see the stars, but it was chucking it down like anything, so i stayed in the hotel bar, and watched music channels

I'd still like to go and see it, I'd give my opinion on homosexuality, but the conversation has kinda moved on a bit, and i dont wanna start anything again.

always fun here guys and gals?

Nickweb, Mar 22, 2006
  6. James

Codex85 Mouse Potato VIP Member

Always. :p

I'd actually like to hear your and others' opinions on that controversial topic, but I dunno, this forum doesn't seem like the best place. Ideas?

Codex85, Mar 22, 2006
  7. James

Goober THQ's Jester Moderator

@Codex, you can PM or email or IM or start your own forum site or let us spam your blog ;)

Goober, Mar 22, 2006
  8. James

Phil VIP Member

Well I followed this thread daily. And it was quiet interesting. Shows how some topics are very personal to some people. I agree and disagree with some of the comments stated, but I am not going to bring it all back up again. I am glad though that we can look past the issue here and realize that we all have our own views. That is what makes this place so nice.

By the way, I plan on seeing the movie now, just because of this thread.

Phil, Mar 23, 2006
  9. James

Nickweb Resident Filmaker Moderator

Nickweb, Mar 23, 2006
  10. James

I can now put my :2cents in. I must say I did enjoy the movie but, the bashing of religion I did not. Although I am not a religious person doesnt mean I dont know people that are of religion, and I felt that they could have put a different type of 'power' (power as in a leading role in todays society). This wasnt Pation of the Christ, so they could have left religion out. Now for the other half that some people did not perfer, homosexuality. True, I am sure it could have been left out but, to me this something that really needs to be looked at in our world. Personaly I do not care if someone is a homosexual or not, so be it if they are. As for the conext of the movie it helped Eve become who she was in the end, and with out that womans pain/writing (which it could have been a gay man as well, but would that have been as powerful coming from a guy?) I dont think the story would have been the same.

Other than all that I thought it was a great movie. I have nothing else to say, unless someone makes a comment.

Goober, Mar 25, 2006
    James likes this.
  11. James

James Photojournalist

I don't necessarily think that have Evey be empowered by a lesbian was needed, it could of been from a mother who had her family killed because they didn't support the chancelor or something similar.

I was surprised how it ended though, with the chancelor just being dragged out and shot. It was strange because a few minutes ago you saw him on the TV saying how V will not succeed, etc.

The potential of the movie was just tossed out the window when the writters forced their hatred and beliefs down my throat half way through. I felt this movie was about gays revolting against the world. Oh well, I've had enough fretting over this waste.

James, Mar 25, 2006
  12. James

Hmm... Yes a mother dislikeing the Chancelor would have been a good way of going around the the homosexuality.

I too was surprised by that. I kinda did the double-take-head-shake, going how was that possible, but then it may have just been a recording, just like V's tape.

Sorry for a movie to make you feel that way James. It really didn't effect me the same way (just because I do not share the same beliefs as you). But I must agree it was not a nice surprise.

Goober, Mar 26, 2006
  13. James

S Walch MAME 0.64 :) VIP Member

Saw it last night - good movie. Everyone who went with me (non-christians, for YMI) was wondering why on earth there was a lesbian story half-way through. I mean, why was ther e alesbian story thrown in half-way through?

It's like they wanted to make another movie within the movie :p

S Walch, Mar 26, 2006
  14. James

The High Chancelor wanted to bring fear to all the citizens of London. He did not want anyone to be left out of this fear. The story of the lezbian girl touched V's life and helped him face his own death as it did to Evey.
    As talked about before, there are some that felt that it could have been some other type of story that moved the two characters along in the story.

Goober, Mar 27, 2006
  15. James

TacoX DomineNonEsDignus VIP Member

Just got out of it, and I loved. Sure, there was a strong message through out the movie, but what's a movie without some sort of message you can take away from it? Anywho, I love Orwellian stuff like this; much like Equllibrium, which took the "dystopian society" theme to more of an extreme.

TacoX, Mar 27, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question