User mess up...

Discussion in 'Software' started by kuijper, Nov 9, 2003.

1. kuijper

kuijper dreaming.. VIP Member

The other day i was networking both my computers in my house so i could share files between them and I Created new XP user accounts and passwords on both computers. I created A new user on this comp and the exact same user name and pw on the other comp. The problem was when i booted my comp today my old user account was no longer there on the log on screen. The only account that was there was the new one that i created... Does anyone know what im saying.. I cant find my old User account anymore.. Its all organized and themed up! ... ask me questions if you dont understand what im saying! :p thx

kuijper, Nov 9, 2003
    1. Advertisements

2. kuijper

James Photojournalist

Please do not go around the censors, swearing is not accepted here. I edited your title.

Right click on My Computer and go to Manage, then go to Local Users and Groups, then the Users folder. Is your missing account there? If not, you may of just "renamed" the account.

James, Nov 9, 2003
    1. Advertisements

3. kuijper

srry about the title james. I shouldn't have dropped the F bomb :) Yes the account is there. How do i log into it or get it back onto the log on screen? thx

kuijper, Nov 9, 2003
  4. kuijper

James Photojournalist

Is it enabled? What's selected under the properties? You may have to remove it and recreate it if everything seems fine with it.

James, Nov 10, 2003
  5. kuijper

its enabled... ony things selected are "password never expires" and im member of administrators
    thats all

kuijper, Nov 10, 2003
  6. kuijper

James Photojournalist

It should show up on the Welcome screen then. Remove the account and create it again, see what happens. It's hard to tell, I don't do anything with stand alone workgroup accounts, just Domain accounts.

James, Nov 10, 2003
  7. kuijper

i kinda want to keep the old account goin... had so many settings and such... oh well i will try to figure it out more. thx anyways jamez

kuijper, Nov 11, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question