Urgent Help Needed With Bsod Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by lanzahypno, Mar 19, 2004.

1. lanzahypno

lanzahypno

I keep getting the dreaded bsod. It is happening more and more often and I cant trace the reason. Thought it might be an overheating problem but all temps are within recognized parameters. The messages I get with it are:-

Page fault in non paged area
    IRQ less than equal

I am running an AMD athlon 2 gig chip with windows XPpro , have 765 megs of ram and 120 gigs of hd.

any ideas please???
    Mike

lanzahypno, Mar 19, 2004
    1. Advertisements

2. lanzahypno

James Photojournalist

What's the full message?

James, Mar 19, 2004
    1. Advertisements

3. lanzahypno

lanzahypno

I will get it on the next bsod james. Probably wont have to wait too long either.

lanzahypno, Mar 19, 2004
  4. lanzahypno

lanzahypno

James..thankyou for all your help in the past. This problem has just got too much for me. I have investigated every possible cause and have come up with nothing. I am blue screening every couple of minutes and have just had enough.
    I guess i will revert to using my computer as a word processor, which was the original intention. Once again thanks but sometimes one has to call a halt and realise that there are too many problems to try to deal with on the Internet.
    Wishing you all the best for this site and hoping that one day i may be able to get this sorted and rejoin you guys. In the meantime thanks again and cheerio!
    mike

lanzahypno, Mar 20, 2004
  5. lanzahypno

James Photojournalist

This is something that can be fixed. Since you want to just fix the issue, I would format and reinstall your OS instead of investigating.

Hopefully you will get this resolved. :/

James, Mar 20, 2004
  6. lanzahypno

Steve VIP Member

Conflict.

I don't know much about your problem but I researched "Page fault in non paged area" and found a few people with similar problems. The most suggested cause; resource conflict or driver problem. I would strip down the computer, remove all expansion cards ( Not video ) and see if you still have the problem. Thne install and test each card one at a time. Then you can determine which card windows is having trouble allocating resources too.

I also found three posts to other boards, from other people that had the same problem and it was cuased by a sound card. If you have onboard devices, like sound, disable it. So my final advice to you is, take your time and test each expansion card and or onboard extra untill you find what is giving you problems.

Example:

Say you have a sound card and 56k modem. You remove both cards. Boot and have no problems. Install one of the cards, say the sound card. Boot... no problems..then install 56k modem card...some problems? Then you can customize within windows or the BIOS as to which resources (IRQ'S and DMA's) that each device use to communicat with Hardware and software.

I hope this helps.

Steve, Mar 21, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question