uk tv series set in maine, US

Discussion in 'Books, Movies, TV and music' started by Nickweb, May 16, 2005.

1. Nickweb

Nickweb Resident Filmaker Moderator

on tv last night, i watched a program called 'pioneer house' it's about this group of people moving to a new area, and starting a colony, things didn't go well, an illness spread through the whole colony, and next week, there will be a tradgic event, have to wait and see what it is.

i know a few people here live in maine, did anybody hear of this being filmed?

that'd be great if someone did, anyways...

just wondering, as i sit here waiting for my assesment of my first year at 'my avatar'

Nickweb, May 16, 2005
    1. Advertisements

2. Nickweb

James Photojournalist VIP Member

I haven't heard of this, but I haven't been watching the news latley.

Is it this show?

James, May 16, 2005
    1. Advertisements

3. Nickweb

Nickweb, May 17, 2005
  4. Nickweb

James Photojournalist VIP Member

Hmm, I don't think I have that channel. :| It looks pretty interesting though.

James, May 17, 2005
  5. Nickweb

channel 4 is only available in the UK, but i have seem frontier house as well, Channel 4 bought it a while ago, that was good too. the only difference is this: in frontier house, they had to build the houses, in pioneer house, they are already made for them.

Nickweb, May 19, 2005
  6. Nickweb

Fenis-Wolf VIP Member

I saw Frontier House. They're produced by PBS here in the States. I really liked Frontier House, although I thought some of it was kind of stupid. See if I'd have been running the show, I would have REALLY made it realistic. Theres places in Idaho and surrounding areas that are empty for many, many, miles. No roads, no nothing. I'd have plopped them in the middle of that, embedded cameras in posts and columns, threw up a fence and taped them for a year. None of these nancy 'store' trips or emergency doctor visits. It would have been like a zoo.

Fenis-Wolf, May 19, 2005
  7. Nickweb

i can see your point, but if you plopped them in the middle of nowhere, and they got ill, close to death, even, as a human being you'd have to help them, otherwise it's just cruel. i do think it could have been a bit more realistic though, i mean, they knew where the cameras were, coz there was a bloody person holding it! do it big brother style, but with no help. - that would be good, sorry for the long post.

Nickweb, May 20, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question