Trojan BackDoor.Generic_r.DZ, Win32/Cryptor, Trojan Horse Agent.4.E

Discussion in 'System Security & Infection Support' started by karansaraf, Feb 14, 2009.

1. karansaraf

karansaraf VIP Member

My sister's computer has somehow been infected with these (one of the reasons I made this: https://www.techiehq.net/user-accounts-question-t8213.html?p=57129#post57129 )

Windows XP SP3

I have tried

Turn off System Restore
    Restart in Safe Mode
    Run Adaware and AVG
    Restart in normal mode

But the file is still being detected and a new threat warning comes up every 10 minutes or so.

Now one of the problems is that I can't go on the internet with this PC (because of this virus I'm assuming) and so have not been able to update adaware or AVG before running them (they haven't been updated in months).

What else can I do to sort this problem out?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
    karansaraf, Feb 14, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. karansaraf

Core in pounce mode Moderator

Try downloading and installing haxfix, and running the auto-fix option.

Alternatively (or additionally) see if you can find a free alternative to Norton Recovery Tool that works for you. In other words, if Haxfix doesn't work you may want to look into a scan tool that runs off a CD, floppy, etc that can run a scan on the system w/o loading Windows.

Core, Feb 14, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. karansaraf

danperteet I broke it again. VIP Member

I use Ultimate Boot CD for Windows. It uses bart pe to build a windows environment. It has network support for virus spyware updates. My two favorite tools are avira and adaware. the website is ubcd4win.com

danperteet, Feb 15, 2009
  4. karansaraf

Goober THQ's Jester Moderator

If you have a spare computer you could just hook the drive up to that and do a virus scan. Only problem with that is some AVs don't clean out the registry right and leaves you to fix it yourself

Goober, Feb 16, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question