Tip of the. . . for a better THQ experience

Discussion in 'Announcements, Site Problems & Feedback' started by James, Jul 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James

James Photojournalist VIP Member

Basically, I'll be posting random tips for things here at THQ. They will help you benefit from using the tools we have provided here.

Tip 1
    Search function:

• With the new vB forum software, users can now use the native MySQL search function. This benefits both the end user and the server.
    • To use the new search feature, simply go to Search | Advanced Search | Select Boleen | Save Search Preferences |Go.
    • You can now combine phrases and or just normal searches.
    • Note that if results are not satisfactory, try the natural search function.

James, Jul 24, 2005
    1. Advertisements

2. James

Tip 2

99% of the time I use the WYSIWYG editor here, just like all of you that have browsers that support it (IE, Moz).

Sometimes I need to actually edit the BB tags manually and in the past I had to switch my editor prefs to standard- that was a pain. Now, with vB 3.5.x You can switch on the fly.

Look for this icon: [​IMG] and click it to switch between editor modes. Remember that in quick edit mode, you only have the text editor.

This icon: [​IMG]is different, when in WYSIWYG mode, you can use this to strip the text formatting, just like you can in MS Word.

The up and down arrows beside the first icon I mentioned, [​IMG], allows you to minimize and maximize the editor window.

James, Aug 3, 2005
    1. Advertisements

3. James

Tip 3

We now have a new multi-quote system. Using this system makes it much easier to quote multiple members replies.

To use this system:
    • Find a thread that has a few replies you'd like to quote
    • Click on the new multi-quote icon [​IMG]
    • When a reply is selected to be multi-quoted the icon will change colors [​IMG]
    • After the appropriate replies have been selected, select the Reply icon [​IMG]
    Keep in mind that this icon [​IMG] will send you to the quick reply box and if you select "Quote message in reply?" the message will be quoted.

James, Jun 8, 2006
  4. James

Tip 4

Giving reputation to others can be very beneficial to the community. Giving reputation is easy.

Here's how to give reputation to someone:
    • Find a reply and or post that you found helpful
    • Locate the link named "Rep" in the upper-right-hand corner of the members comment box
    • Type in a friendly message
    Once you have given rep to someone their reputation bar [​IMG] may go up, depending on a number of background factors. You can view your own reputation comments by viewing your UserCP.

You can also view your infractions given to you by the THQ Staff in your UserCP.

James, Jun 8, 2006
    1. Advertisements