The Right Click Window Keeps Popping Up and Keyboard Is Going Crazy

Discussion in 'Software' started by baggedsonoma, Mar 17, 2005.

1. baggedsonoma

baggedsonoma

This is my first post so here i go. My computer is possessed, at random intervals the right click window will pop up in any program and continue to pop up for a short period of time even if it is clicked away from. Also when i am in a chat program (yahoo, aim, or msn) and i am trying to type a message i get this key repeatedly```````` just like that. I have a dell 5160 laptop and it is brand new. I don't know why it is doing this or how to fix it. I don't think it is a virus because i deleted the partition and reinstalled windows and it still occurs. I also get 9 beeps on startup and can't figure out why. The beep pattern occurs in this order one short beep pause, five more short beeps pause, and finally three more short beeps. It this a hardware error of a software error. If anyone has heard about this or has any ideas it would be of great help. Thank you.

baggedsonoma, Mar 17, 2005
    1. Advertisements

2. baggedsonoma

Fenis-Wolf VIP Member

That sounds like a bad problem. Since its the keyboard and mouse thats the problem thats even worse. Those two are connected via a ribbon cable to the motherboard. The cables are in close proximity to each other. If this is still under warrenty, I'd call dell and make them take it back and fix it.

Fenis-Wolf, Mar 17, 2005
    1. Advertisements

3. baggedsonoma

Yoda

Yoda, Mar 17, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question