The Dark Knight

Discussion in 'Books, Movies, TV and music' started by James, Jul 23, 2008.

1. James

James Photojournalist VIP Member

Has anyone watched this movie yet? If not......... what are you waiting for? Batman Begins was a great movie, I prefer this depiction of Batman over the comedic versions from the 90s.

The Dark Knight was great, they should have called it The Joker though since Heath Ledger stole the show, he did an excellent job at portraying him.

James, Jul 23, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. James

spike228 ST 38 VIP Member

Agreed, Heath Ledger was plain awesome. It's sad that I can kind of see how he lost sleep and went insane doing this role.

I really liked that game theory and nash equilibrium thing with the 2 ferries. That was definitely a new way of building up suspense in a movie.

spike228, Jul 23, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. James

Zeus Moderator

I loved it. I love the dark humor of the joker, but then again I have a twisted sense of humor.

Zeus, Jul 24, 2008
  4. James

"Anyone wanna see magic?"

"Danaaaaa!!"

spike228, Jul 25, 2008
  5. James

Zeus Moderator

That was probably my favorite part, followed by:

"I'll bet the boss told you to kill me"
    "Huh? I was told to shoot the bus driver"
    The bus coming in and hitting him was totally predictable, but what made it so funny was how nonchalantly he shot the bus driver when the driver asked what happened to the rest of the guys.

Zeus, Jul 25, 2008
  6. James

Zeus Moderator

Oh and in reply to you Spike...

Definitely a plot spoiler. Don't read if you have not seen the movie this will ruin it for you

I thought for sure that one of the ferries was going to blow up. Especially when the prisoner took the detonator.

Zeus, Jul 25, 2008
  7. James

Ian Administrator

I've not seen this yet, but I'm hopefully seeing it next Wed :D

I'll have to highlight those spoilers then ;)

Ian, Jul 25, 2008
  8. James

Zeus Moderator

Unfortunately for me I am too curious to not highlight the spoilers, so I'm glad I have already seen this one :)

Zeus, Jul 25, 2008
  9. James

Yeah, that was a little unrealistic but it did get the point across well.

That not all of Gotham city is as sick as the joker makes them out to be. But economically speaking, it does make sense in a way. If the ferry with the innocent people blew up the other ferry, they would be charged with murder and live with the fact that they killed the guards and the captain for the rest of their life. If the prisoners blew up the other ferry, then they would probably be executed anyways, for the murder of all those innocent people ON TOP of what they were already in jail for. It really gets you thinking.

spike228, Jul 26, 2008
  10. James

Nickweb Resident Filmaker Moderator

never seen a thread with so many spoiler boxes in it, i find it quite funny

Nickweb, Jul 26, 2008
  11. James

BATMAN DIES!!!

Oh wait...crap I forgot to spoiler that....

spike228, Jul 26, 2008
  12. James

Zeus Moderator

Also if the ferry with the innocent people blew up the prisoners, well they wouldn't be so innocent would they? I was half expecting one of them to use the detonator and it blow up their own ferry instead of the other one.

And also

I have nothing to really say here. I just used spoiler tags again to be funny. I say to screw with the ones that are not reading the spoilers because they haven't seen the movie, we should hold a completely non related conversation with spoiler tags.

Zeus, Jul 26, 2008
  13. James

Yeah....there's always that possibility too, seeing how the Joker is pretty twisted. Sort of makes you think what you would do if you were in that situation.

Also..

Nickweb is a poopy head until he watches the movie and then sees this lol.

spike228, Jul 26, 2008
  14. James

Zeus Moderator

I'm cynical, I would have pushed the button almost instantly.

Zeus, Jul 26, 2008
  15. James

Zeus Moderator

And I think I will go after the big guns...So Ian, I think you look funny and your feet stink *wink*...And for the record, I have enjoyed my time at THQ and will continue to do so until Ian reads this post and I am banned

:p

Zeus, Jul 26, 2008
  16. James

Nickweb Resident Filmaker Moderator

some interesting conversations about the film here it seems, I'm glad people arent spoiling it all too much.

spike, I'm on to you ;)

nickweb is not a poopyhead, contrary to popular belief, it is infact a rumor made up by impatient fans of nick, in an attempt to divert attention away from material that they want to see first

Nickweb, Jul 26, 2008
  17. James

Zeus Moderator

Yeah if it wasn't for spoiler tags this movie would definitely be ruined to someone who hasn't seen it though.

Dang, Nick I didn't know you had seen the movie. With the lack of posting in this thread I thought that James, Spike and I were the only ones that had. So what did you think of it?

Zeus, Jul 27, 2008
  18. James

But seeing how this is a super hero movie, the best course of action would've been just to...

....wait and see if you die because if you wait..it ironically also increases your chances of being saved by batman, but it also increases your chances of dying from the other boat blowing you up.

Very interesting stuff. The more I think about it, the more factors there are to this whole thing.

Oh and
    We're all gonna get banned for spoiler tag abuse lol. So I guess the target is Ian now eh? Ian for poopy head 2008!!!

spike228, Jul 27, 2008
  19. James

Core in pounce mode Moderator

My favourite part was when the Joker walks out of the hospital in that nurse's outfit, walking like a mix between a drunkard and a zombie, while everything is blowing up behind him, and then stops to press the button on his remote repeatedly, like "wtf where's the final explosion?"

Btw, I thought that audio was used in this movie particularly well. Especially that slowly rising sound in the background during some dialogue, it made it very unnerving.

Core, Jul 27, 2008
  20. James

Zeus Moderator

Spike:
    But why sit around and wait for Batman to save you when you can save yourself?

Core:
    I almost wet myself I laughed so hard when that happened. I think the background noise did help set the mood in a lot of scenes.

Oh, and why did you come in here using spoilers for their intended purpose? Have you nit been paying attention? *wink*

I do the *wink* because the smileys actually show up inside the spoilers and we can't be giving away our little secret now can we?

Zeus, Jul 27, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question