stupid router

Discussion in 'Networking and Internet' started by onlyindreams, Apr 13, 2005.

1. onlyindreams

onlyindreams n00b

Okay, I have a Wireless-B Linksys router. We have two computers currently running on it. Here's the problem: There's just one website (bolt.com) that the router obviously blocks for some reason. I use Firefox (I've tried IE as well...and the other computer) and everytime I go to navigate to the site, or any sub-sites, it says "Document contains no data". So, I unhooked the router and directly connected the modem into the computer and not through the router, and behold, it worked. This is the only way I've been able to access this site for over a week. My brother has an addiction to that dreaded Runescape game, so leaving him without it for 30 minutes while I visit my site is unholy.

And obviously, I've tried the whole resetting the modem and router numerous times to no avail. Any solutions?

onlyindreams, Apr 13, 2005
    1. Advertisements

2. onlyindreams

Phil VIP Member

Is there a firmware update for your router?

Phil, Apr 13, 2005
    1. Advertisements

3. onlyindreams

Goober THQ's Jester Moderator

type in the router ip address (more than like i think it should be 192.168.0.1) and see if some how the site has been blocked

Goober, Apr 14, 2005
  4. onlyindreams

onlyindreams n00b

Okay, there are firmware updates but it's asking "Select a firmware file to upgrade". I have no idea where to find the file. I friggin' suck at this router crap. Le grrr.

and I looked for a blocked list or something like it and couldn't find anything. This router stuff is pretty new to me (although we've had the **** thing for a long time).

onlyindreams, Apr 14, 2005
  5. onlyindreams

Fenis-Wolf VIP Member

Well to find out if there is an upgrade, go to www.linksys.com and click Support, and type in your routers product number. Then if there is an upgraded firmware, download it to your machine, then go to the routers firmware tab and click 'Select firmware file to upgrade' and browse to where you saved it localy.

Fenis-Wolf, Apr 14, 2005
  6. onlyindreams

onlyindreams n00b

Linksys support sucks. I tried the whole live support crap and when his solution didn't work, he ignored me.

I found the firmware updates and downloaded them, but the file is: befw11s4_v4_v1.50.14_code.bin and that doesn't seem right to me. It should be a .zip file...shouldn't it? Now they are just sitting in my folder and I don't know what the **** to do with it. It's ******* me off.

7. onlyindreams

Fenis-Wolf VIP Member

It should be a bin file. Now go to your router, and go to the firmware update page, and select that file you just downloaded.

Fenis-Wolf, Apr 14, 2005
  8. onlyindreams

onlyindreams n00b

It worked [the update]. Sorry I'm being such a burden. I still can't navigate to my page though. :sigh

9. onlyindreams

ruslanb76 pivo prosim VIP Member

Dont have any applicable advice other than moral support...Keep your chin up and ears open and you'll get through this! I'm currently fighting a bad uninstall of my old firewall and I can feel your pain. Someone here will come through for you.

ruslanb76, Apr 15, 2005
  10. onlyindreams

onlyindreams n00b

Thanks, ruslanb. :) It's just so frustrating that it's hard not to get so mad.

onlyindreams, Apr 15, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question