Strange Infection

Discussion in 'System Security & Infection Support' started by Stillcrazy53, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Stillcrazy53

Stillcrazy53

Hi,
    My 'puter has some strange disease. Whenever I open the windows viewer to view an image or I send an attachment with an image, a whole bunch of "other" images go with it. Some are from other e mails both opened and unopened. Images from websites also are attached. Very strange indeed? The file extension on these images is [1]. Any help? Any ideas? Thank you for any help.:?

Stillcrazy53, Jul 16, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. Stillcrazy53

Codex85 Mouse Potato VIP Member

I belive the "1" in parentheses isn't the extention, but a number appended to the file name to denote a copy of a file. Though I'm not sure how helpeful that is.

I'd try clearing your browser's cache.

Codex85, Jul 17, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. Stillcrazy53

Dave601 Web Guru VIP Member

It also sounds like you could have a virus of some sort. You can download AVG Free antivirus from our handy tools section (THQ Tools > Handy Tools at the top of the page) and run that.

You might also want to download an antispyware program like Windows Defender. If after this you are still having some problems, you can post your Hijackthis log here. Hijackthis and Windows Defender can also both be downloaded from the handy tools section.

Oh yeah...welcome to THQ. :)

Dave601, Jul 17, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question