spyware ****!! Help please if you can...

Discussion in 'System Security & Infection Support' started by ruslanb76, May 13, 2008.

1. ruslanb76

ruslanb76 pivo prosim VIP Member

So I have a program called antispyspider that continuosly redirects my browser and has put up a new wall paper telling me I'm under attack and yadda yadda yadda. My task manager has been disabled and I can't seem to get rid of it. I've used Spybot, Adaware, SuperAntispyware and tried to use Smitfraudfix, but it will not let me delete registry values as it has taken over my task manager and admin settings. Any ideas? Startup takes about 10 minutes and everything is just screwy in general.

ruslanb76, May 13, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. ruslanb76

spike228 ST 38 VIP Member

Try doing what you have already attempted in safe mode.

An antivirus scan might help too. Unfortunately, these type of things aren't always fully deleted when removed, so they may resurface at some random time. I suggest you back up everything thats important then reformat.

spike228, May 13, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. ruslanb76

so i've repeatedly tried to get rid of the bad files with superantispyware and others but they just come on back. So now I'm think about reinstalling windows. Can I just reinstall windows on my "C" drive while leaving all the other virtual drives on the same hard drive alone? Would it be just easier to reformat and reinstall everything? Biggest pain is getting internet up and running with Time Warner Cable as this happened to me before. Also how do I find my password when I use outlook express to access my roadrunner email account? Any other tips for an easier install?

ruslanb76, May 14, 2008
  4. ruslanb76

Fenis-Wolf VIP Member

Have you tried using HijackThis and posting the log here? That might be a good first step.

Fenis-Wolf, May 15, 2008
  5. ruslanb76

Here is the logfile generated.
    Don't know why I can't paste it in this page....

Attached Files:

ruslanb76, May 15, 2008
  6. ruslanb76

any ideas anyone? I am thinking I I have made some kind of progress although my internet access is spotty. Popups and general slow system have made it hard. Also I can't access certain websites...they just don't load. This one does;) so I guess it is meant for me to get help here..

ruslanb76, May 17, 2008
  7. ruslanb76

any ideas anyone? I am thinking I I have made some kind of progress although my internet access is spotty. Popups and general slow system have made it hard. Also I can't access certain websites...they just don't load. This one does;) so I guess it is meant for me to get help here..

ruslanb76, May 17, 2008
  8. ruslanb76

Fenis-Wolf VIP Member

This should all go:
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = file://c:/windows/homepage.html

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = www.yahoo.com

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = file://c:/windows/homepage.html

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = file://c:/windows/homepage.html

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = file://c:/windows/homepage.html

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = file://c:/windows/homepage.html
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BM0f95b787] Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\soabvpok.dll",s

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [0ca6841b] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cjxcgbbw.dll"
    O16 - DPF: {DE625294-70E6-45ED-B895-CFFA13AEB044} (AxisMediaControlEmb Class) - http://81.175.116.204/activex/AMC.cab

O21 - SSODL: WebProxy - {66186F05-BBBB-4a39-864F-72D84615C679} - sockins32.dll (file missing)

Fenis-Wolf, May 19, 2008
  9. ruslanb76

Done as you suggested Fenis. I'm getting there but everything is still acting really slow and internet is real finicky about what it wants to open (sites) and how fast it wants to do them.

ruslanb76, May 19, 2008
  10. ruslanb76

Fenis-Wolf VIP Member

Once those entries are gone, boot into safe mode (F8 right after the BIOS screen) and run your antispyware/antivirus tools there. That should help a lot.

Fenis-Wolf, May 20, 2008
  11. ruslanb76

Zeus Moderator

Also if the machine is running slow you might want to defrag it.

Zeus, May 21, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question