SpyBot German Error

Discussion in 'System Security & Infection Support' started by Hummingbird, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Hummingbird

Hummingbird VIP Member

k guys, i've another one for ya'.

my dad'c computer starting putting up this error message today when he runs SpyBot: Search & Destroy. i guess it's never done it before to him. i've never seen it on my pc when i run the prog.

when he starts up Spybot a window pops up that says "Listenindex uberschreitet das Maximum (17)". then if you search for new updates to download it pops up again. if you download the new update and then search for problems, it pops up again. AND every time he restarts the prog the same new update is available even though it says that it DL'd correctly the time before.

i did a google search, and there are a few other forums and stuff where people have asked about this same exact error sentence, BUT none of them were with SpyBot! they were while they were using other programs. so i dunno. and none had any answers except one person who said something like "well maybe you accidentally deleted a *.npj file".

so any clues, oh great gurus? (hey that rhymes!) :p

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2006
    Hummingbird, Dec 8, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. Hummingbird

Codex85 Mouse Potato VIP Member

If I had to guess, the error message sounds like "List index exceeds maximum," though I've no idea why it'd appear in German.

The first thing I'd try is removing and re-installing Spybot.

Codex85, Dec 8, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. Hummingbird

Crimson Devil's Advocate VIP Member

If the program was natively written in German it would make sense, but the guy who wrote it wasn't German... I think he was American or English...

Might be a native German virus....

Crimson, Dec 9, 2006
  4. Hummingbird

Hummingbird VIP Member

i'm leaning more toward what crimson said, cuz i don't think it has to do with spybot neccessarily. the reason: those other posts on other forums i read about people having the same error message, but they weren't using spybot. each one i read, the person was using a different program when it happened.

although i will have him un-install and re-install spybot.

Hummingbird, Dec 9, 2006
  5. Hummingbird

Fenis-Wolf VIP Member

Uninstall and reinstall it.
    Spybot errors will often appear in German-Spybot I believe was written in German then translated. Most of the more obscure errors you see in Spybot still come up as German.

Fenis-Wolf, Dec 11, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question