Spiderman 2, who's excited?

Discussion in 'Books, Movies, TV and music' started by James, Jun 23, 2004.

1. James

James Photojournalist VIP Member

I'm a huge movie fan and I really like comic book movies. I'm pretty excited for SP2.... :drool.

No spoilers unless you use the spoiler tags. :)

James, Jun 23, 2004
    1. Advertisements

2. James

.slack Angsty Teenager VIP Member

I'll admit that I'm a huge Spiderman fan. Ever since I read one of the comics. It's a pity I don't have time to follow the comics now though, what with Ultimate Spiderman and everything.
    I hope the movie's at least decent. So far, the trailers are quite exciting. :D What I'm really looking forward to though, is the appearance of Venom. Yes, Venom. He's/They're cool. :D

-dotslack

.slack, Jun 23, 2004
    1. Advertisements

3. James

TacoX DomineNonEsDignus VIP Member

To be honest I was a tad disappointed with the first one, not say it wasn't a good movie, it was, I just thought it lacked something. The second one looks pretty promising, and it's on my list of movies to go see including Harry Potter (which I heard was outstanding) and Fahrenheit 9/11, which should be good. So when exactly does Spiderman 2 come out?

TacoX, Jun 23, 2004
  4. James

That movie should be banned from the US. Anything that outright lies and bashes our country is wrong, no matter what you think is true. I wouldn't watch it if it was free. Trash.

Anyways, SP2 comes out June 30th.

James, Jun 23, 2004
  5. James

Banned? See, thats the beauty of this country, people can say these things with out having to worry. On what grounds can you claim that movies is filled with lies? Have you ever thought that just maybe what you have been told are lies? Ever heard of proganda BS? And it does not outright bashour country, it looks at how our current president handled 9/11 and everything thereafter. And even if it did bash our country why is that a bad thing? Pointing out the faults in our society in order to better them is a good thing, right? I repect your opinions James, but maybe Michael Moore brings up some good points that no one else has had the courage to show the rest of the US?

Anywho, I try to keep an openmind and learn for myself, instead of letting my government tell me everything I should know.

EDIT: I know this is verging on politcal opinion and what not, which is I believe is against the rules, if so I appologize I just had to add my 2 cents. I won;t happen again :)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2004
    TacoX, Jun 23, 2004
  6. James

TheOneGreatX VIP Member

Harry Potter 3 is amazing. Anyone who can should definately go see it in Imax. Fahrenheit 9/11 looks good, cant wait to see that and of Course, Spiderman 2, which includes the second coolest spiderman villain ever, Dr. Octopus. It comes out 6/30.

TheOneGreatX, Jun 23, 2004
  7. James

deftones yup VIP Member

Hmm I might just see it because of the controversy it has started. I remain neutral about it. It is not bad nor is it good. Just another movie. I do believe it lies and stretches the truch a little too much though.

deftones, Jun 23, 2004
  8. James

How can you people say it lies? Have you even seen the movie? Do you even know what issues it brings up?

TacoX, Jun 23, 2004
  9. James

Fenis-Wolf VIP Member

Well I'm excited about SP2. Not because of the story...but because my favorite B actor, Bruce Campbell has a cameo in it. HP3 was really good, but don't expect it to be just like the book. They had to cut some stuff to make the movie fit.
    Michael Moore makes movies that distort the truth. Have you ever watched Bowling for Columbine? Or the other movie he made about the Flint autoworkers?
    I will watch his newest movie. Mainly because I want to see Michael Moore go up to those congressmen and try to get them to sign their sons up for the war and to see their expressions.
    But I will keep in mind that everything that is in that movie is a distortion of the truth. Michael Moore is a masterful editor, and he cuts interviews apart and splices them back together to make them say whatever he wants.

Fenis-Wolf, Jun 23, 2004
  10. James

Ahh, Sony Imax... When I was at NYC, I went to see a movie at Imax. Amazing...

James, Jun 23, 2004
  11. James

TheOneGreatX VIP Member

what movie did u see?

12. James

This was back when I was 15... I think it might of been The Saint or one of those movies that flies you over NYC as a tour.

James, Jun 23, 2004
  13. James

S Walch MAME 0.64 :) VIP Member

I can't wait for Spiderman 2 - too bad it comes out July 16th over here in the UK =/

Blast you americans for getting the movies I want to watch first!!!

S Walch, Jun 23, 2004
  14. James

I wish we had an Imax aroun here :(. Aren't they just really big movie screens?

TacoX, Jun 23, 2004
  15. James

The one I went to was 3 stories high, not sure how wide, but it was pretty big.

James, Jun 23, 2004
  16. James

undeadpenguin Bang. VIP Member

****, look how much you miss by wasting a day blowing up your computer...

Anyway, I won't see it. I was very unimpressed with the first one and sequals that aren't planned in advance (think Matrix) suck 99.9% of the time.

Also, I do agree that Farenheight 9/11 is a bunch of nonsense coming from a (get this) nonsensical lunatic, but I don't think it should be banned. As TacoX said, it's those freedoms that make this country great.

undeadpenguin, Jun 23, 2004
  17. James

RD2DG I smell a bump! VIP Member

some Imax are just a really really big screen... like 50' i think was one of them i saw... and some are Dome shaped to enclose you in the screen... makes you feel like your moving...

I liked SP1 alot... It started all those other comic book related movies hulk, daredevil.. wich i was not to fond of... But i cant wait..

RD2DG, Jun 23, 2004
  18. James

Yea, the one I went to was domed. Imagine watching Lord of the Rings on it. :drool

I think X-Ment or Batman started the comic book movies. :?

James, Jun 23, 2004
  19. James

TheOneGreatX VIP Member

Imax not only has screens that are really big, but they have 12,000 watts of sound, and the picture is sharper

20. James

Well I saw Spidey 2 today, and I must say WOW, exponentially better than the first. Such great effects and action scenes. Over all the film is very well done, truly only of the best comic book based movies out there. Highly recommended!

TacoX, Jul 4, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question