Source for phase change thermal pads

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by MarkA, Aug 16, 2005.

  1. MarkA

    MarkA Guest

    I have to replace a mobo with an AMD XP 2800+ cpu on it. AMD is very
    particular that the ONLY thermal transfer agent they approve for the
    CPU/heatsink interface is a phase change pad, but I am unable to find a
    retailer that sells them. EVERYBODY sells the tubes of paste, but where
    to find the pads?
    MarkA, Aug 16, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  2. MarkA

    Conor Guest

    Use the paste. AMD is talking out of their arse.


    If Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened
    rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic
    Conor, Aug 16, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  3. MarkA

    Andy Guest

    Honeywell PCM45 Thermal Interface Pad (3 Pads)
    AMD approved phase change thermal interface for Athlon/Duron
    Andy, Aug 17, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.