self starting, looping video creation

Discussion in 'Media Workshop' started by vishnu, Jan 7, 2010.

1. vishnu

vishnu VIP Member

Hey all, its been a while since I have been stumped, and I am back for some help.

I have been asked to help a friend in a non profit charity set up a video display for them. They already have a promo video shot several years ago, and now I have been asked if I could turn it into a looping video.

I have thought a looping dvd would be easiest. What about looping avi/divx file?

How would I set it up on a usb flash key?

What (free) programs would I need, and are there any tutorials?

Cheers
    Alan

vishnu, Jan 7, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. vishnu

clifford VIP Member

Hi vishnu

As far as I am aware you cannot set the media file itself to loop. If you open preferences in the media player, you should find a setting to loop and playback when finished.

clifford, Jan 8, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. vishnu

Ian Administrator

Yep, that's right - you can't force a video to loop. Almost all media players have a loop option built in (Windows Media Player certainly does), so you can just configure it to loop the video :)

Ian, Jan 8, 2010
  4. vishnu

Nickweb Resident Filmaker Moderator

I made a looping DVD menu with my showreel on it for my uni's end of year show, it would have ran for years, very simple to do, get an old dvd player and tv and youre set

Nickweb, Jan 9, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question