Router / Vonage adapter

Discussion in 'Networking and Internet' started by mlucca1, Sep 7, 2010.

1. mlucca1

mlucca1

Hello, I have a Linksys WRT160 router. Setup was easy worked on both of my laptops and wifi printer. Bought a Vonage adapter, hook it up and now I can not connect to the internet. Sometimes my laptop get connected to the router but no internet connectivity. Vonage said I have to do a Port Forwarding, OK, how to do the setup of the Forwarding. My connection is as follows; DSL Cable Modem, cable to Vonage adapter, cable from vonage adapter to router, router wireless to computer, please help anyone.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
    mlucca1, Sep 7, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. mlucca1

Core in pounce mode Moderator

Core, Sep 7, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. mlucca1

Zeus Moderator

Ok, what you need to do is change your connection to DSL Cable Modem, cable to router, cable to Vonage adapter.

Your router should be 1st so it can give internet connectivity to your other devices. The reason you have no internet is because you only have 1 IP address from your ISP and it is giving that IP address to the Vonage adapter.

Once you change the order of the things you have hooked up, you will need to get the IP address of the vonage adapter and go into your router and setup port forwarding for 10000-20000 UDP going to your Vonage adapter using the tutorial that Core posted.

Zeus, Sep 7, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question