retired physicist

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by madhunv, Dec 22, 2006.

1. madhunv

madhunv

I am a physicist in Bangalore, India,who has used computers mainly to calculate. I have recently retired, and am now having an emeritus position. I am interested in having a multimedia capable computer which I can use for web browsing as well. As the technology appears to be poised for change(HD,Wndows Vista,etc), I wonder if I should wait for a while before getting a system.

madhunv, Dec 22, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. madhunv

Goober THQ's Jester Moderator

It depends on what you want from there. Are you looking at getting a laptop or a desktop? What is your budget? Are you willing to wait? (Technology is constantly changing, you could wait forever to get the best there ever is)

There are some companies out there that are letting you buy "vista compatible" computers that have Xp installed but have a voucher to upgrade to Vista for free as soon as its released.

Amd most importantly WELCOME TO THQ! Its always nice to see new people join.

Goober, Dec 22, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. madhunv

spike228 ST 38 VIP Member

If you are planning to run Vista, I would wait until Vista is out with fully working driver support. That way, the cost of the PC components should be cheaper (since computer depreciation is almost noticeable by the month).

spike228, Dec 22, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question