Rechargable battery maintainence

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Technology' started by OurJud, Jun 13, 2011.

1. OurJud

OurJud

Hi, all :)

I own a Creative Vado HD camcorder and am wondering (as I have for some time) what is the best way to maintain its rechargable lithium battery, to ensure I'm getting the best from it in terms of life between charges. For instance, I've heard it said that rechargable batteries should always be run dead before recharging. In other words avoid 'topping up'. Is this true?

Also, I quite often end up going to bed with my camera on charge, knowing that it will reach full charge during the middle of the night. Will it harm my battery leaving it on charge after it has reached full charge?

Thanks in advance.

OurJud, Jun 13, 2011
    PCRepair likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. OurJud

jaydeee

1. Advertisements

3. OurJud

richardhwiln

this is a common mistake most of us do, which is dangerous as sometimes it might cause batteries to explode. It would be better to charge batteries when we are awake so that we can check for it. It is true that we should drain battery before charging it, it is not good to charge it even if it is half full.

richardhwiln, Jun 13, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question