question about passwords

Discussion in 'Networking and Internet' started by lyle, Jan 28, 2013.

1. lyle

lyle

Not sure where to post this. My question involves passwords to login to Windows and workplace email at work on their network.
    I am trying to understand what is happening.

I have a laptop computer at work. When I attempt to log in to windows, I can't log in using the same password that I use to access my work email outlook web app. In order to log into windows, I have to disconnect the network cable and then I can get logged in, then I plug in the cable and can browse internet or whatever. Then when I go to email at outlook web app, I have to enter a different password to get in to my mail account.
    That is a newer password that tech gave me. Like I said, I still have to use my old password to log onto windows when I sign on.
    The new password will not work with the cable connected to log on to windows either.

The only way I can log on to windows is to have the cable disconnected.

Can someone explain what is going on and how I can fix this? I've tried changing the password and it says I can't because the old password is wrong. I've had tech change the password two times, and it works on the outlook web app, but not on my windows log on, which is still the same and has to be disconnected from network before it will work

I don't get what is going on here

lyle, Jan 28, 2013
    unlock phone likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. lyle

lyle

maybe

its because i didn't restart my computer before logging in with the new password

lyle, Jan 29, 2013
    unlock phone likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question