PS2 Mod 86 Reference Disk(s)

Discussion in 'Software' started by W4HBM, Feb 8, 2013.

1. W4HBM

W4HBM

PS2 Mod 56LS Reference Disk(s)

re: IBM PS2 MODEL 56

Gentlemen,

Recently it became my task to speak with an older Motorola radio system called MaraTrac. This is done by a software routine called MRSS (Motorola Radio Service Software, ver. 5).

The software is as old as the radio system, and will only run on older computers with DOS operating systems like DOS 4 to DOS 5.02, with PC architecture being either 80386 or 80486, with a maximum clock of 33 MHz.

So an older IBM PS2 model 8556LS was dredged up. Of course, living in the closet for
    twenty years has rendered the CR2032 cell flatter'n'a pancake, but that's only Error Code 161.

I'm stuck because there is no Reference Disk to be found. Looking at the WALSHCOMPTECH.COM library under the Model 86 paragraph, ALL the files I would ever need to tweak the PS2 are listed, but here's the rub:

Downloading from the library is no problem. It goes into the WinZIP department and out again into a documents folder with no glitches.

But it needs to be on a 3.5-inch floppy disk to affect changes in the PS2 box.

Attempting to transfer the " RF855657.IMG " file to the USB-connected FDD on my desktop, I am confronted with a file size that is 68KB, yes, 68KB too large for the 1.44MB floppy disk in the FDD.

I am at a loss as to what to do.

The IBM ftp library is a No-Go. They must have deleted the PS2 reference files from the
    server, so it looks like WALSH might be the last surviving realtime server of these files.

Other sites result in links to the non-operative IBM ftp server: A seemingly waste of time.

Would any of you be able to suggest a method to assemble an image disk to adjust the PS2 BIOS, please?

Thank you all for your kindness and consideration.

Hal Mandel
    Prestonsburg, KY

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
    W4HBM, Feb 8, 2013
    unlock phone likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question