Possibly virus problem?

Discussion in 'System Security & Infection Support' started by fuzzy, Sep 14, 2003.

1. fuzzy

fuzzy

Unknown.

I recently posted the "[thread=610]video cards!!!![/thread]" thread, and i figured out that it may not be my video card at all, because i got my computer to temporarliy work once, and all my settings for programs like zonealarm had been erased which was curious. then when it broke again i went into safe mode and after 20 minutes the screen gets garbled. i think its a virus that mislead me to think it was a video issue by deleting video files first and now its delved in my basic built in safe mode video card. norton antivirus didnt catch anything when i ran it, but my subscription for new viruses ran out on june 30th. does this sound like any kind of new virus to u, and if so can u tell me how to fix it. keep in mind that i cannot burn any cds and can only work in safe mode for like 20 minute periods before the video driver dies.

fuzzy, Sep 14, 2003
    1. Advertisements

2. fuzzy

James Photojournalist

Do you have a spare hard drive that you could dump the files onto? If so I would do that, then when your ready scan that drive for any virus'.

Moved thread and changed title per the rules.

James, Sep 14, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question