Photo details "FullSizeRender.jpg" after mailing it

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hyenakontakt, Nov 19, 2014.

1. hyenakontakt

hyenakontakt Guest

After sending the photo with iphone 5S I see the details with FullSizeRender.jpg only. (By every sending photo). Does sombody know hove to change them in number s?

hyenakontakt, Nov 19, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. hyenakontakt

Sixnine Guest

W dniu środa, 19 listopada 2014 18:29:44 UTC+1 użytkownik Jolly Roger napisał:
    after receiving the images sent from iphone 5s all have the same description "FullSizeRender.jpg" they do not have the serial numbers and so to save them in a folder I have to change all the names.
    JK

Sixnine, Nov 19, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. Receiving them where and by what means?

Michelle Steiner, Nov 19, 2014
  4. hyenakontakt

Sixnine Guest

W dniu środa, 19 listopada 2014 19:05:50 UTC+1 użytkownik Jolly Roger napisał:
    May be would be easier to explain if I send you an email with the attached sample pictures directly from my iphone?

Sixnine, Nov 19, 2014
  5. hyenakontakt

Sixnine Guest

W dniu środa, 19 listopada 2014 18:57:06 UTC+1 użytkownik Michelle Steiner napisał:
    Receiving them by email on other comp.

Sixnine, Nov 19, 2014
  6. You took the picture with the iPhone, and used mail.app to send the
    picture?

Michelle Steiner, Nov 19, 2014
  7. hyenakontakt

Lewis Guest

IMG_0001.jpg IMG_0002.jpg, etc? I honestly have no idea if the format of
    picture names has changed recently, I never see the names anymore.

Ah, an image I took yesterday is named IMG_6287.JPG.
    Something fundamentally broken.

Lewis, Nov 20, 2014
  8. hyenakontakt

Sixnine Guest

W dniu czwartek, 20 listopada 2014 19:53:19 UTC+1 użytkownik Jolly Roger napisał:
    Gentlemen, I understand everything, but the problem is that the images in iphone iOS are labeled correctly (they have a number as IMG_3335.JPG etc.) only after their transmission through Mail.app change the name of this number at FullSizeRender.jpg.
    And all the images are named the same.

Sixnine, Nov 21, 2014
  9. hyenakontakt

Lewis Guest

No they do not.

Something ELSE is doing that to your mail.

--
    The Monks of Cool, whose tiny and exclusive monastery is hidden in a
    really cool and laid-back valley in the lower Ramtops, have a
    passing-out test for a novice. He is taken into a room full of all type
    of clothing and asked: Yo, my son, which of these is the most stylish
    thing to wear? And the correct answer is: Hey, whatever I select.

Lewis, Nov 21, 2014
  10. Could the renaming happen at the receiver's end?

Michelle Steiner, Nov 21, 2014
  11. hyenakontakt

MJT

The sent images, when sent from an iOS device, are given the name "fullsizerender". If a sender sends 5 images they all have the same file name. It is not on the receiver's end. I have received files from local and international sources and it's all the same, "fullsizerender" is the file name. This is not a good thing.

MJT, Apr 10, 2015
  12. hyenakontakt

Cynthia Cook

I'm having the same issue - just popped up. I hadn't updated my phone recently either. I see the pictures with the individual identifiers, and when I email to my own yahoo email, and download them onto my PC, they all now come up as fullsizerender.jpg. I have tried this on both my work and home PC and on IE and Mozilla. Same thing comes up. Just last week, the files sent the same exact method, come up under the individual file names and I'm able to see a preview. Now the only preview is on the photo that comes with "fullsizerender.jpg" and not with any subsequent photos sent in the same email. Subsequent photos have .jpg_1, 'jpg_2, etc. I change the file name and change to .jpg, and I can open them and view them, but can no longer preview them. So I basically have to rename them all, open them all up, then rename them all again to something I can remember, since I can no longer view the previews.

The only thing that is common is the iphone, since it happens on different computers and different browsers.

BTW, I always select the medium size photos when I send them, since I need 640 x 480 reso in my final pictures, so I'm not allowing the iphone to choose full sized (unless that means something totally different).

Cynthia Cook, Apr 27, 2015
  13. hyenakontakt

Tomohawk

I, too, am having this exact issue...and it has only started recently (just noticed today 6/17/15). I suspect Apple has changed something, but I have not updated my phone nor my Mac OS for several days (weeks, maybe). I've only noticed today the change.

This pretty much eliminates using the iPhone to send images to my computer; I now must sync and download. Kind of a pain as I don't often carry the USB cable with me, and much of my work is remote, on-site where immediate image transfer is often necessary.

Just to be plain, my workflow is as follows:
    1. Photograph image(s) with iPhone.
    2. View "All photos" in the iPhone's "Camera" app.
    3. Select the image I want to mail.
    4. Select the "Share" icon (bottom left of iPhone Screen).
    5. Select additional images.
    6. Click the "share" icon (bottom left of iPhone screen).
    7. Select "Mail" icon.
    8. Compose Message (select "To:", add "Subect", enter body text of message.
    9. Select "Send".
    10. Select image size (usually "Medium").
    11. Await mail arrival on MBP running OS X 10.10, MS Outlook v15.9.
    12. Open arriving email.

All attachments are renamed "FullSizeRender.jpg".

Tomohawk, Jun 17, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question