Panasonic TA1 record time

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Technology' started by OurJud, Sep 8, 2011.

1. OurJud

OurJud

I'm looking to buy a pocket camcorder, but am amazed at how little information there is regarding the record time with these things - something I would have thought fairly instrumental when making your decision.

I've been looking at the Panasonic TA1 Full HD and simply want to know how many hours recording I can store on it. I've found one site which claims 30 minutes at the highest setting, but it's not made clear if this is using the internal memory, or if there's any internal memory at all.

Surely the number of hours you can store on the thing is reliant on the size of card being used, but as I say this kind of info seems to be lacking on nearly on the pocket camcorders I've looked at.

If anyone can offer some help as to how I might determine these things it would be greatly appreciated.

OurJud, Sep 8, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. OurJud

Maurice Bloody good bloke VIP Member

Maurice, Sep 8, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. OurJud

Goober THQ's Jester Moderator

This will get you the information you are seeking for.
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/Panasonic-HM-TA1_Camcorder_review

It does not have on board memory. A 4GB card should get you about 45 minutes of full HD video. It also appears with the Amazon link that Maurice provided it accepts the SD card (SD, SDHC, SDXC) as it's form of media.

For about that same price or a little more you can get a cellphone to provide similar quality. I know my HTC Incredible recorded amazing video at 720p resolution.

Goober, Sep 8, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question