ordering system in fast food restaurant

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by peggyshaffer, Feb 8, 2013.

1. peggyshaffer

peggyshaffer

Hi,

I am opening a fast food restaurant, and am curious about ordering systems. I want something similar to McDonalds, but know I probably can't afford it. Still, it makes sense to have your ordering system be your computer w/ screens in the front and back. Where would I buy this setup?

Help,

Peggy

peggyshaffer, Feb 8, 2013
    lockiphone4 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. peggyshaffer

jaydeee

jaydeee, Mar 2, 2013
    lockiphone4 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. peggyshaffer

aurelien

Hi,

A few years ago we built an online ordering system and website for a restaurant in PHP. This platform allows restaurant owners to put their restaurant menu online, manage orders and page content. Customers can order and customize food items, choose a delivery method, pay for their order and tips online, save their favorite orders, etc.

Here is a link to the demo: dallasjonesbbq.outsidethepixel.com

We were thinking of making this platform available for free for web developers, open it to contributors and let them develop plugins and extensions.

Is that something anyone would be interested in? Would you prefer to use a framework/platform like this one developed by another team, rather than creating your own from scratch?
    Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
    Aurelien

aurelien, Jan 8, 2014
  4. peggyshaffer

cobaltsean99

I know a retaurant that used something called Point of Success, but they were using the Special Edition, from 'www. freerestaurantsoftware .com' and enjoyed it. All you have to do is signup for a license, and you get the license immediately in your email. Very easy and simple to use, as my son likes to pay around with POS software.

cobaltsean99, Jan 20, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question