Oblivion ratings and Jack

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by binarysoul, May 9, 2006.

1. binarysoul

binarysoul InnocentBystander VIP Member

Well at first I was vaguely entertained by the uproar over the unlockable "breasted" female torso in Oblivion, if not slightly annoyed that its such a big deal but not overly concerned but now Lawyer and anti-violent/sex game warrior ( couldn't think of how to say that ) has taken up arms against Oblivion, even going so far as to say Take-Two should be held criminally responsible for exposing minors to sexual content.

article >

http://gamesfirst.com/?id=1280

binarysoul, May 9, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. binarysoul

Goober THQ's Jester Moderator

He's always crying about something. Kids are going to see nude women some day.

Goober, May 9, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. binarysoul

Codex85 Mouse Potato VIP Member

He's called Wacko Jacko for a reason. He has been trying to blame video games for all of society's problems for a while.

As with the GTA "Hot Coffee" mod, the content was there but inaccessible without modding.

The fact is, kids can find crap with a simple google search that would make their parents' heads explode. This is being blown way out of proportion by idiots like Thompson.

Codex85, May 9, 2006
  4. binarysoul

Goober THQ's Jester Moderator

There needs to be more of a crack down on the internet than there does with video games.

Goober, May 9, 2006
  5. binarysoul

Nickweb Resident Filmaker Moderator

I agree with both last 2 posts above.
    Type anything saucy into google image search, and you can find really bad stuff (that i've heard of, anyways ;))
    And there does really need to be a crackdown on the internet, and material on the net. I guess thats why you can get parental controls though

Nickweb, May 9, 2006
  6. binarysoul

I don't know about the net issue. Surely illegal sites must be shutdown and be blocked but I worry it will get out of hand and go to far. It usually does .. though when I think about it internet searches have gotten much better in the last five years ago. I remeber a time when searching the most innocent thing would come up with some pretty **** inappropriate sites.
    To use an example from an old AOL commercial, searching x-men in google comes up with nothing but comics, movies and tv shows.

binarysoul, May 9, 2006
  7. binarysoul

Nickweb Resident Filmaker Moderator

moderate safe search in Google is good, but not fool-proof, I have stumbled into some awful sites when I first started using the internet

Nickweb, May 9, 2006
  8. binarysoul

James Photojournalist

Jack does have a point when it comes to the GTA series, that game is way out of line. But, for Oblivion, this was blown out of perportion.

Unfortunatly there's only so much companies can do to protect children, that's why parents really should be watching their kids closer. It truly is not that hard to watch your kids... atleast it wasn't with my parents. :|

James, May 9, 2006
  9. binarysoul

I have mixed feelings about GTA. One part of me hates the gang - style random killing it it but on the other hand its a game I did enjoy.

Personally I grew up in a small town, so more often than not I was outside on my dirtbike or in the woods and such, so I can't really say. "well violent games didn't hurt me", though I did play them. Its hard to say, but I agree totally with you James, parents are ultimately responsible for their kids

binarysoul, May 9, 2006
  10. binarysoul

Codex85 Mouse Potato VIP Member

Neither game in the GTA series was for children. There's a big "M" on the box. If kids get their hands on it, it can hardly be blamed on either the devolper or the publisher.

I didn't enjoy the game, but c'mon. If Thompson had his way, no developer would produce anything but games with fluffy animals who stood around and did nothing, lest they offend someone.

Codex85, May 10, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question