Notebooks gaming

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by craycupcake, Mar 27, 2017.

1. craycupcake

craycupcake

Hi,
    I'm looking for a new notebook and I KNOW that they are not suitable for gaming. However, I would like to play sims 4 on it as well as some older bioware games. So I want to buy a notebook that can deal with this.What specifications would you recommend? I don't need to play on Ultra btw.

craycupcake, Mar 27, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. craycupcake

Ian Administrator

Welcome :).

Which old Bioware games are you intending to play? The Sims 4 should run on almost any new laptop (apart from very low end netbooks) - even ones with integrated Intel/AMD GPUs. Depending on which Bioware game you want to run, it may also work fine on pretty much any modern laptop.

Ian, Mar 30, 2017
    LindaSmart and craycupcake like this.
    1. Advertisements

3. craycupcake

craycupcake

Just Dragon Age 1&2 and Mass Effect 1-3. Thanks so much for your reply and I'm sorry I'm so late, I didn't see that someone had replied.

craycupcake, Jun 26, 2017
    LindaSmart likes this.
  4. craycupcake

Ian Administrator

It may be worth taking a look at some laptops you like, then compare the GPU here:

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html

It'll give you a clue how it performs. Almost any new laptop should be able to run those games, except for Dragon Age II, which you'll need to double check the min specs :).

Aim for a minimum of 4GB ram and an SSD. Having an SSD will make a huge difference to the speed and battery life of your laptop :).

Ian, Jun 26, 2017
    craycupcake likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question