Not completely uninstalled

Discussion in 'System Security & Infection Support' started by maiduguri, Oct 26, 2012.

1. maiduguri

maiduguri

Some time ago I uninstalled "Spotmau PowerSuite 2012" from my computer using the uninstall function in windows 7. Due to some problems with my computer I tried yesterday to reinstall the spotmau software, but when I try to do so I get message saying that the programs is already on my computer. It then asks if I want to proceed, but when I try to the cursor freezes when I try to input my email address and the security key. I therefore cannot reinstall the software. Spotmau no longer have a telephone helpline, and they can take several days to answer emails.

I have searched for any hidden files/parts of the software that were not all uninstalled, but can't find any. Are there any suggestions as where I should look?

maiduguri, Oct 26, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. maiduguri

Ian Administrator

I've just had a look at Spotmau PowerSuite 2012 - is there a reason you want to install this? I don't hear many positive reports about this sort of software and I'm pretty sure we can help you out with your problems if you've installed this to try and fix something :).

Ian, Nov 5, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. maiduguri

maiduguri

Hi Ian

I have been using both McAfee Total Protection and Spotmau PowerSuite since 2009, and until recently my computer worked well. But over the past few months it got slower and slower and about 2-3 weeks ago it virtually stopped. Neither software corrected the problem so I had an interactive chat with McAfee support who asked me in this instance to remove Spotmau, following which having taken control of my laptop they sorted the problem out. It was when I tried to reinstall Spotmau that the problem I posted started. Eventually, Spotmau sent me their latest update, free of charge, and I was able to install it, but when I ran a health check and set it to fix the problems it found I got message saying “Script Error- an error has occurred in the script on this page. Do you want to continue yes/No”? If I press yes 3 or 4 times the program starts to fix the problems, but after a couple of minutes a message saying program has stopped working, and Spotmau shuts down. So far, their support has not come up with an answer.

Even when not using Spotmau, the Script error message has started to appear with increasing frequency, so I just don't know what is wrong.

maiduguri, Nov 6, 2012
  4. maiduguri

darthweb VIP Member

Try running a registry cleaner. CCleaner is excellent and free.

It also has an uninstall utility in tools that is better than windows add/remove programs IMHO

darthweb, Nov 6, 2012
  5. maiduguri

maiduguri

Have tried CCleaner, and also Spybot Search & Destroy, but problem still exists.

maiduguri, Nov 6, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question