New Website Just Wont Do As It's Told

Discussion in 'Media Workshop' started by Nickweb, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Nickweb

Nickweb Resident Filmaker Moderator

Hey people, I've been re-designing www.filmsbynick.com as it seemed a bit rough and ready, I've been redesigning it to something more slick, but the thing is, I used Dreamweaver for all the coding, so there shouldnt have been any coding errors, and I checked the coding myself.

The index page has an image missing on the right, even though it IS where it's supposed to be, and the code to link to it is valid, it just wont show up, even after re-making the image in PS, and re-uploading it, it still wont show, oh, and another image has been cropped when it shouldnt have been.

take a look: www.filmsbynick.com/beta/slick to see what I mean. I have left the www.filmsbynick.com/beta/slick/images dir open so you can see my workings etc...

thanks

Nick

On another note, does anyone have any issues with the design?

Nickweb, Sep 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Nickweb

Fenis-Wolf VIP Member

Nick,
    the image isn't in the right place. When I right click on the empty spot and grab the URL its this:
    http://www.filmsbynick.com/beta/slick/images/spider181x150.jpg
    If I try to pull it up, I go to an empty page. So if you fix the link, you'll be set.
    The layout is good-the only thing I suggest is if you're going to use images for your links at least include an ALT tab so that search engines can properly index your site.

Fenis-Wolf, Sep 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Nickweb

feris, if you go to the www.filmsbynick.com/beta/slick/images dir, you'll find the image listed there, but it doesnt want to register as an image file online, even though I can open it on my computer, It's all very odd to me

edit: ok, i just checked again, and you're right, the spider151x180 image isnt there, BUT, the image that I tried to use originally was spider.gif and its listed, but wont open, I've even tried re-making the image in PS. I uploaded all the images at the same time, so there shouldnt have been any difference in the uploading protocol

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
    Nickweb, Sep 20, 2007
  4. Nickweb

Fenis-Wolf VIP Member

You're right-your gif is hosed. However, the spider.jpg works fine-maybe you could just use that instead?

Fenis-Wolf, Sep 21, 2007
  5. Nickweb

spider.jpg is a different size, and different image altogether.

I'll try a fresh new image from PS

Nickweb, Sep 24, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question