Networking with Macs

Discussion in 'Networking and Internet' started by enfiladeDTS, Jul 15, 2005.

1. enfiladeDTS

enfiladeDTS

Alright, I'm not sure if anyone here will know much about Apple, but I just had a question.

I have decided soon, that I will be purchasing an Apple laptop. Now, my current PC setup is a network of two computers in my house running on Verizon DSL. Westell, ethernet, connected to a Linksys router. My question is, if I get the Apple laptop with an Airport Extreme card, as well as the extreme base station, would I have to do anything else besides plug everything in? I was reading on Apples site, about the base station, at the botom it says something about AOL only. Is there a base station made specifically for verizon's service? Any help appreciated.

enfiladeDTS, Jul 15, 2005
    1. Advertisements

2. enfiladeDTS

spike228 ST 38 VIP Member

i'm not sure what the base station you are talking about is. i am almost certain that all new apple laptops, the G4 ibooks, have built in ethernet ports and wifi reciever.

spike228, Jul 15, 2005
    1. Advertisements

3. enfiladeDTS

enfiladeDTS

Nevermind, I figured everything out, thanks anyway.

enfiladeDTS, Jul 15, 2005
  4. enfiladeDTS

Fenis-Wolf VIP Member

The base station will work with almost any DSL/cable connection. And as far as networking the Mac works seamlessly with Windows file sharing. You click 'Tools' and then 'Connect to Server' and a list of Windows boxes with file sharing enabled will appear.

Fenis-Wolf, Jul 15, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question