NAT Error even without firewall?

Discussion in 'Networking and Internet' started by karansaraf, Apr 10, 2006.

1. karansaraf

karansaraf VIP Member

I was previously running Windows Firewall, and had my Belkin Wireless router's firewall turned off.

I then turned off my Windows Firewall - meaning I had NO firewalls running at all on my system, and then did a port test on a port that one of my running programs was using, and got a NAT error. This program is a new BitTorrent program that I've installed, and I can't get fully connected (hence cannot get the maximum speed of d/l) through it, whereas I could on my previous BT client.

Just wondering - what could be the problem?

This program was having NAT problems even with my Windows Firewall on, with the program set as an "exception" and port 6881 forwarded, and I even tried turning on my Router's firewall, with port 6881 forwarded on my ip - 192.168.2.1 (The 192.168.2. was already there - it would only let you fill in the last digit, which in my case is 1, because this is the computer that is hardwired to the router) - however, this also turns out to have a NAT problem in Azureus.

karansaraf, Apr 10, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. karansaraf

James Photojournalist

Try disabling and stopping the Windows Firewall service. Make sure your antivirus app is not running some sort of NAT. Sometimes your cable or DSL modem will have a console with NAT capabilities, make sure that's disabled as well.

James, Apr 10, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. karansaraf

karansaraf VIP Member

Right, I got it working. As soon as I enabled UPnP on my router, and tested the port again, it started working. Not exactly sure why, but atleast it's alright now (I hope!)

karansaraf, Apr 10, 2006
  4. karansaraf

James Photojournalist

Ah, you have a UPnP router. That would do it.

James, Apr 10, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question