MySQL/PHP Job/Tutorial

Discussion in 'Web Design & Coding' started by undeadpenguin, Apr 7, 2004.

1. undeadpenguin

undeadpenguin Bang. VIP Member

Does anyone know of a) a good book on using PHP/MySQL or b) can point me to a good COMPREHENSIVE tutorial? I've got an idea: A browsable hardware database which contains lists of Linux supported/unsupported/semi-supported hardware. Anyone can submit any hardware they want. If someone else disagrees it, they can flag the entry as possibly incorrect. If more than 5 people flag it as incorrect, it is sent to some other section. Could anyone either show me just a snipit of code of how you would do something like this (both the SQL stuff to get it into the database, and the PHP to access it). If it's intuitive enough (which it most likely will be), I'll probably be able to pick up the rest on my own. Thank you :D

undeadpenguin, Apr 7, 2004
    1. Advertisements

2. undeadpenguin

James Photojournalist

This can easily be done with MySQL and PHP. Look at what you can do with vB forums and photopost, etc. Sitepoint.com would be a good place to start.

James, Apr 12, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question