My pc only starts to the Acer logo

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chefken, Dec 26, 2012.

1. chefken

chefken

I have an Acer Aspire asa85-uc521h desktop. When I start it it makes one beep, the lights and fan come on and it stops at the Acer logo. I have tried prssing del and f12 as per screen instruction, nothing. I have tried to start with a cd, remove and replace the cmos and still the same. Please help.

chefken, Dec 26, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. chefken

Alexander23

Yeah i know this is old post but this is the windows problem actually i am teliing this suggestion for the new beginners and others who have this problem if anybody seen this problem then first of all check out your boot option in the computer BIOS's setup and make the HDD first in the boot option if again create this problem then you should re-install your windows.....

Alexander23, Feb 18, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. chefken

chefken

Boots only to 1st acer logo screen

My computer makes one beep and loads only to the first acer screen. Pressing any combination of keys I can think of does nothing. When I was finally able to boot the machine I reset the boot order and restarted. It beeped once and stopped at the 1st logo screen. I insert a variety of startup/rescue disks and re-booted to no avail. It only boots to the 1st screen, although all the lights and sounds seem to function correctly. The next time I was able to boot correctly I backed up all data and ran a hdd diagnostic. All was fine. I re-installed win xp home and download all security patches. A few days later it would only boot to the 1st logo screen. It boots intermittently (sometimes with long periods in between) and I cannot figure out why. I have even replaced the ram with brand new ram. The problem still persists. I am open to any suggestions.

chefken, Feb 19, 2013
  4. chefken

brayo1985

how old is the pc ? after years of use the cpu needs thermal paste applied I have done millions first check your temp of cpu if high and stays high thats the problem!! hope you sort it out

brayo1985, Jul 3, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question