MS Net Meeting > Desktop Does Not Load

Discussion in 'Software' started by jetset707, Oct 23, 2004.

1. jetset707

jetset707

I am trying to connect to my work PC from home (XP Home) using Cisco VPN over a cable modem. The VPN connects, I initiate the call the my work PC via Net Meeting and when my work desktop window appears, it does not load at all or it only loads about half the screen and does not continue loading. I end the call and try again and get the same result. At work, I was able to Net Meeting to my PC from a co-worker's PC with no problem.

I recently tried installing a wireless router. Could the MAC Bridge Miniport connection have something to do with this?

Any help is much obliged -- this is driving me nuts!:rage

jetset707, Oct 23, 2004
    1. Advertisements

2. jetset707

Fenis-Wolf VIP Member

Has this ever worked? Your cable modem might just not be fast enough. I would try to use VNC once you're onto the network, Netmeeting is kind of flakey, and VNC is a great protocoll.

Fenis-Wolf, Oct 23, 2004
    1. Advertisements

3. jetset707

jetset707

The NM over this cable modem worked in the past. The only change since then has been adding the wireless router, whose installation is not right. Is VNC a freeware or ?

jetset707, Oct 23, 2004
  4. jetset707

davi99 VIP Member

davi99, Oct 23, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question