loosing signal with monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jamesgome89, Jul 3, 2012.

1. jamesgome89

jamesgome89

hi, my pc is loosing signal with the monitor while playing games mostly but sometimes while im on the desktop usually when watching movies it cuts out. While the screen is blank the background noise will distort for a few seconds then play normally. I have taken my pc to a repair shop twice they have done many tests on it and have not been able to come up with anything. They played all the games fine even with my monitor and did not lose signal. They suggested change my power source ive tried that n its still happening also been threw several boards hasnt helped. If anyone could help me out that would b great im contemplating bashing my pc with a sledge hammer n stickin to console lol

jamesgome89, Jul 3, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. jamesgome89

ShinyTech

Have you tried using a new monitor cable. Sometimes a bad video card will cause this only after you have been playing on it for a while. If it is a power source problem I recommend buysing a cheap UPS to plug it, this will eliminate any kind of power fluctuation.

ShinyTech, Nov 16, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question