Looking forward to any games?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Ian, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Ian

Ian Administrator

Has anyone here got their eye set on a new PC game in the next few months? Last year there were some great games out (like HL2:EP2 and BioShock), but I've not bought anything recently.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Spore and Assassins Creed will be like on the PC :D

Ian, Mar 30, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. Ian

Core in pounce mode Moderator

Not really. I've always loved PC games, but the system requirements of those games have jumped, seemingly, over the past years. You need a serious rig now to play many of them. My desktop and laptop can't handle FEAR or Oblivion or any of that good stuff. They are just good enough for HL2, but that's it. If I had a good gaming machine, then yeah I would definitely look forward to some titles. I still read PC Gamer even though not much of it applies to me now, with my ancient computers, but it's still nice to know what's being released. This DX10 stuff seems pretty crazy.

I am a huge Final Fantasy fan though, and am looking forward to FFXIII, even though it means having to buy a PS3 somewhere down the line.

Core, Mar 30, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. Ian

James Photojournalist VIP Member

I no longer play on the PC, but I am looking forward to Splinter Cell: Conviction and Fallout 3 (which I believe is coming to the PC as well as the Xbox 360).

I'm playing Rainbox 6 Vegas on the 360 right now as well as Mass Effect which is a great SciFi RPG.

James, Mar 30, 2008
  4. Ian

Ian Administrator

I've been tempted by the xbox 360 for quite some time, but I couldn't justify the cost after I just upgraded my PC. I'm hoping they bring some of the xbox 360 games over to the PC so I can still play them for now :D I've just found out I can buy an xbox 360 controller and use it with the PC to play games like Crysis just the same as a console.

Once my graphics card can't handle the new games, then I think I'll take the plunge and get a console instead :)

Ian, Mar 30, 2008
  5. Ian

Nickweb Resident Filmaker Moderator

I upgraded the GPU in my current rig, and it will run HL:EP2 perfectly, and maybe Crysis, but I'm building a new rig soon, with a quad core processor, mainly for rendering, but I might as well play games on it too

Nickweb, Mar 30, 2008
  6. Ian

James Photojournalist VIP Member

That was the main reason why I moved to consoles, I only have to spend $400 every 5 - 6 years and be able to play as many games as I can afford to play.

James, Mar 31, 2008
  7. Ian

Codex85 Mouse Potato VIP Member

I'm looking forward to the Kane's Wrath expansion for Tiberium Wars, as well as the Mass Effect PC release.

Codex85, Mar 31, 2008
  8. Ian

Goober THQ's Jester Moderator

Ah but James its the joy of updating the PC that makes it so much fun! Over three years, I will admit to spending 2k originally, but three years later it was only a $800 upgrade, which should last me a bit longer than my first rig.

I am waiting for HL2:E3, Assassin(PC), and I think thats it for now. I have to finish playing Crysis, Bio Shock, and I just finished CoD4. :D

Goober, Apr 1, 2008
  9. Ian

Ian Administrator

Ah yes, I forgot about the new Red Alert expansion - I'll have to add that to my list :D

I really, really liked BioShock. It's so different to any game I've played before, and the graphics are fantastic :) I've played it twice already, which is a first for me!

Ian, Apr 8, 2008
  10. Ian

spike228 ST 38 VIP Member

Fear (its been sitting on my desk unplayed because my computer isn't good enough to run it :( )

Starcraft 2

Mario Kart (for wii)

Thats about it. I haven't really been into gaming ever since I got my car haha.

spike228, Apr 9, 2008
  11. Ian

Zeus Moderator

Play F.E.A.R. for the 1st time with the lights off. It will send a chill down your spine. I love that game.

I think I might buy God of War 2 this weekend, but I've not made up my mind yet. I loved the 1st one.

I think I will try Warhammer when it comes out.

And if I say I am looking forward to GTA4 coming out will I get banned? ;)

Zeus, Apr 9, 2008
  12. Ian

If you have a good 5.1 surround sound system with FEAR and the lights off... oh boy! :evil

Goober, Apr 9, 2008
  13. Ian

Dave601 Web Guru VIP Member

Starcraft 2 and Spore. I don't even know when either of them are supposed to be released (not that it will be released then anyway :)), but I am excited about both.

Dave601, Apr 9, 2008
  14. Ian

Ian Administrator

Assassins Creed has just arrived today - I can't wait to play this over the weekend :D

Ian, Apr 11, 2008
  15. Ian

Core in pounce mode Moderator

Duke Nukem Forever. Any day now.

Core, Apr 11, 2008
  16. Ian

New game to add the the list STALKER Clear Sky! OMG! :shock

Download the trailer for it!

Goober, Apr 27, 2008
  17. Ian

Feartheterp noob! VIP Member