Live Video Project

Discussion in 'Media Workshop' started by Goober, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Goober

Goober THQ's Jester Moderator

I have a task at hand that requires 1 camera that will be positioned outside that is going to be used for events. From that camera it needs to be relayed to 1-3 TVs that are inside.

I am completely lost when it comes to this. I need a camera that can with stand years for abuse but not to pricey, wireless is an option. What kind of cables would be required. Lastly a diagram on how this would be setup with any other equipment that is needed.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
    Goober, Nov 5, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. Goober

Nickweb Resident Filmaker Moderator

I recently did the mother of all freelance jobs, basically doing this very thing, but for a little place called wembley arena...so i know an ikkle bit about this type of thing.

Basically, what is the setup,is it going to be a fixed camera or will it be moved from place to place, what are the requirements, IE is it a CCTV feed, or does it need to be a broadcast resolution IE PAL or NTSC.

Splitting the feed into 3 tvs is no problem, there are splitters out there that can do this, basically, when we know what kind of camera we need, we can then look at what outputs said camera has, and go from there.

Nickweb, Nov 6, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. Goober

An ikkle is a good start!

I'm in America! so I'll need NTSC. This camera is going to be mounted to a wooden or brick beam outside. (I'll worry about a mounting system, they need to be able to take it inside during the bad weather days, unless its a durable outside camera that can survive -10F temps) Yes this will be CCTV, possible a recording system just in case they want to give it to the local tv station.

Goober, Nov 7, 2009
  4. Goober

ok in this case a standard CCTV kit you can get from some DIY store will probably do, if it were me I'd go with a system that records at a frame rate higher than 10, and obviously has full NTSC resolution, the kits I've seen have pretty good wireless senders and recievers, BUT, some wireless kits can interfere with wifi networks.

These kits should use either BNC or Phono cables, and you can pick up Phono splitters from any electronics store.

Anything else, just shout

Nickweb, Nov 8, 2009
  5. Goober

Cool.

Any name brand cameras that are better than others?

Goober, Nov 9, 2009
  6. Goober

I like JVC, I dont think Sony or Canon do CCTV-type cameras, but I hope I'm wrong :)

Nickweb, Nov 9, 2009
  7. Goober

clifford VIP Member

clifford, Nov 9, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question