Latest Firefox Updates Fix Three Critical Vulnerabilities

Discussion in 'System Security & Infection Support' started by Maurice, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Maurice

Maurice Bloody good bloke VIP Member

Severity: Medium

18 February, 2010
    Summary:

§ These vulnerabilities affect: Firefox 3.5.7 (and previous versions) for Windows, Linux, and Macintosh
    § How an attacker exploits it: Multiple vectors of attack, including enticing one of your users to visit a malicious web page
    § Impact: Various results; in the worst case, an attacker executes code on your user's computer, gaining complete control of it
    § What to do: Install Firefox 3.6 or upgrade to Firefox 3.5.8 or legacy Firefox 3.0.18

Maurice, Feb 19, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Maurice

Zeus Moderator

I wish they would make it quit crashing :(

Zeus, Feb 19, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Maurice

danperteet I broke it again. VIP Member

I had to remove firefox from 3 computers this week due to crashes and slowness. It's just bad when you can't trust the "#1" browser.

danperteet, Feb 20, 2010
  4. Maurice

clifford VIP Member

I'm not using google myself but it seems that no one is complaining about google. If Mozilla doesn't correct these issues, they may loose their number one spot.

However, I hear its not Firefox that usually crashes. From what I hear, the plugins are the main cause to most problems. Personally, I can not say either way because I am not experiencing these issues.

clifford, Feb 21, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question