laptop toshiba Fn key issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by horent135, Nov 9, 2005.

1. horent135

horent135

I have a toshiba Satillite 2415-S205 laptop, and when i install Window XP / SP2, my Fn key doesn't work. I can't change the brightness or move the screen, and etc.... I went to the toshiba site and try to install the driver, but there too many drivers to install and i don't wanna guess and check. So can someone help me out, telling me wat driver i need to install that.

horent135, Nov 9, 2005
    1. Advertisements

2. horent135

spike228 ST 38 VIP Member

i don't think the function key runs off of a driver. i think you might be looking for a bios update. give me a minute...

spike228, Nov 9, 2005
    1. Advertisements

3. horent135

spike228 ST 38 VIP Member

ugh, toshiba's site layout is horrid...

anywho, download, save and run this .exe file. it udaptes your system bios which normally should fix odd hardware problems. becareful when you install the bios. make sure the laptop is plugged into the wall and that at ANYTIME it doesn't not turn off or restart in the middle of the update. i'm sure you will see similar warning before you run the update.

if problems still persist, post back and we will see what else we can do.

edit: woops forgot the link: http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...ineID=ccciaddgehgfddecgfkceghdgngdgnj.0&ct=DL

spike228, Nov 9, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question