iPod won't connect to network . . .

Discussion in 'Networking and Internet' started by Hummingbird, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Hummingbird

Hummingbird VIP Member

Don't know if anyone knows anything about Apple products or not . . .

My dad has an iPod Touch and it's worked great for a couple years but one time he turned it on and it had magically dis-connected from our network and we had to re-connect.

Well it's magically dis-connected again and I can't get it re-connected. It says 'Unable to join network "Home"' and I'm irritated to no end. I've reset the modem and router to no avail. Our upstairs desktop PC and both laptops are connected just fine. The iPod was connected just fine until sometime last night or this morning.

I've done an internet search and apparently this is a fairly widespread problem. It also seems that everyone likes to blame everyone else (internet and router companies blame Apple, Apple blames the router and/or ISP). I've tried a few suggestions I read (like resetting the network settings of the iPod, turning it off and back on, resetting modem and router, etc). Nothing.

How do I get this stupid thing re-connected to the network!?!? Absolutely ridiculous . . .

Thanks for any help!

Cynthia

Hummingbird, Jan 18, 2012
    unlock phone likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. Hummingbird

Hummingbird VIP Member

So I updated the firmware on my router and restarted the iPod and it connected - if anyone else has this problem . . .

Hummingbird, Jan 22, 2012
    unlock phone likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Hummingbird

Ian Administrator

I wonder what caused that? I tried to fix a similar problem that a friend was having with her Kindle a few days ago - there was nothing wrong that I could see. I could connect fine with other Wifi Devices, the Kindle could connect to other Routers - but the pairing that had worked for so long had failed for some reason.

Checked everything, soft-reset both, changed encryption type, pass, channels, etc.. and nothing worked. In the end I did a firmware update and hard reset on the router, which sorted it.

Ian, Jan 24, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question