Images of my eyes

Discussion in 'Media Workshop' started by Nickweb, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Nickweb

Nickweb Resident Filmaker Moderator

Today I shall present to you a report that varies from the norm.
    On 20th December 2010 I had the opportunity to explore my own eyes. Some background information follows:
    'Nick's Eye's' were formed during 1984/5 and have remained where they were placed to the present day - Inside a skullular bone mass. This Bone mass has travelled to a number of places yet never ventured outside of the UK (apart from Western Ireland). In 2001 alterations were made which included removing the original lenses in both structures and replacing them with clear plastic ones. The original lenses had suffered irreparable damage from an unknown source.
    Recently the left hand side eye has suffered damage and is currently in the process of attempted retinal repair and has thankfully suffered no graffiti or vandalism. It's future use however is unclear - the owner is unsure how the site will develop in the near future and the developers aren't confident at a repair job.

First off, I had the chance to explore my right eye.
    This is located on the right hand side of my face, but would be on the left if you look at me. Access is pretty easy, but there are some protective skin gates that close suddenly when a foreign object comes near.

Had my IR lens on for these babies...

AN IR image of the back of my eye, more commonly known as the 'Retina'. This was right at the back as you enter through the front.
    [​IMG]

As you go round the corner you get to see the cross-section of the back panel
    [​IMG]

As it was a bit tight in there I decided to move on to the other eye, which I'm sad to report hasn't fared so well over the years.

This is the view as soon as you enter through the front, its so full of medical oils and crap that you cant REALLY see anything.
    [​IMG]

And at the side of the back you can see some bulging and damage
    [​IMG]

After that I decided to leave as I was getting hungry and the smell of hospital cleaner was making me feel ill.

This also marks my announcement that I will be offline for around 10 days due to having more surgery tomorow (4th feb)

Nickweb, Feb 3, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Nickweb

Goober THQ's Jester Moderator

Thankfully Nick you live in the modern world with well established health centers that are capable of performing needed medical procedures. Think if you lived back in the 1800s! See ya in a lil over a week!

Goober, Feb 3, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Nickweb

Core in pounce mode Moderator

This was a funny (the way composed) and interesting post! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts today!

Core, Feb 4, 2011
  4. Nickweb

Ian Administrator

Hope all goes well for the next op, Nick :)

Ian, Feb 4, 2011
  5. Nickweb

Zeus Moderator

Now that I have your retina pictures, I will use it on your retina scanner and steal all of your secrets ;)

A day late and a dollar short, but good luck and I hope you are recovering well.

Zeus, Feb 7, 2011
  6. Nickweb

Nickweb Resident Filmaker Moderator

Well I'm back, and so far the surgeon is happy with how the eyes looking. Still early days as after each previous operation there has been further retina detachments.

I should have realised Zeus would use my retina images for nefarious purposes, just stay out of the foler marked 'Secret plans to take over the world' ok? Cheers

Nickweb, Feb 14, 2011
  7. Nickweb

Zeus Moderator

Welcome back buddy!

Zeus, Feb 15, 2011
  8. Nickweb

ericym

Hope all thing is going well. Blessing

ericym, Nov 8, 2011
  9. Nickweb

rhonda

all the best for your op