I was carded when trying to buy an energy bar.....!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SwordWielder, Mar 13, 2003.

1. SwordWielder

SwordWielder Master of Swords VIP Member

So I'm at the supermarket picking up some things, among my crap are Promax nutrition bars. The guy at the checkout scanned them, then asked how old I was. I thought he was kidding or something, but he wasn't. He said that in California now, they cannot sell energy/protein bars to anyone underage. I asked him why this was- but she didn't know. :| :x Im obvisouly older then 18... but still.

SwordWielder, Mar 13, 2003
    1. Advertisements

2. SwordWielder

Kristi I'm Baaaackkk!! VIP Member

There's gotta be a story behind that one. I've had some people ask me my age when I was buying white out and some not....But, nutrition bars?? Something must of happened for them to change that. I don't see how one can misuse a nutrition bar, but you never know what people will come up with.

Kristi, Mar 13, 2003
    1. Advertisements

3. SwordWielder

James Photojournalist VIP Member

Beer
    Cigerettes
    Nutrition bars

They all kill... ;)

James, Mar 13, 2003
  4. SwordWielder

haha.. nice ;)

There's gotta be some sort of chemical or something in them... I'll do a search on all of the ingrediants.

SwordWielder, Mar 14, 2003
  5. SwordWielder

Kristi I'm Baaaackkk!! VIP Member

I remember seeing on the news a month or so ago, that kids were drinking vanilla flavoring to get drunk. So owners of small stores were keeping the vanilla behind their counters and carding people to buy it... People are pretty weird and numb...

Did you find anything in your search SwordWielder?

Kristi, Mar 19, 2003
  6. SwordWielder

I found this:
    What are Promax Bars?
    Promax is a great-tasting, nutritionally complete meal. Unlike most bars that focus on only one aspect of nutrition, Promax delivers it all. Promax Bar's 20 full grams of high-quality protein -including whey - make it the ideal protein bar. Its 39 grams of fuel-rich carbohydrates make it the ultimate energy bar. Its full regimen of vitamins and minerals, BCAAs, antioxidants, and l-glutamine make it the perfect health bar. With Promax, you get the long-lasting energy you need day after day, and the proper nutrition you need year after year. And Promax not only tastes fantastic, it satisfies for hours. In addition, Promax is low in fat, calcium enriched, and uses natural ingredients.

So I dont know if those ingrediants have someting in them that you have to be of age or not...

SwordWielder, Mar 23, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question