I need help yet again my friends!, Its because of my mouse!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rafiki6, Dec 2, 2005.

1. rafiki6

rafiki6 VIP Member

Well recently ive started my computer, and once windows loads, it tells me it cannot detect my PS/2 mouse. I restart, unplug and replug the mouse, and then one boot, i hear one beep before even the BIOS Loads and then my computer is endlessly trying to start with no avail. I cannot load Windows, and since my mouse and keyboard ports are connected, windows cannot recognize the keyboard either. So I am really backed into a corner hear. Then I look under the hood, and guess what i realize, MY MOuse and keyboard conections are sealed off under my HardDrive tray. Basically I am screwed, but I was wondering if one of you very nice people could help me. I think the ports may be damadged. BY the way this is quite an old system we are talking abnout here, before ATA cases and motherboards.

rafiki6, Dec 2, 2005
    1. Advertisements

2. rafiki6

Codex85 Mouse Potato VIP Member

Is it old enough to lack onboard USB ports? How about a free PCI slot for a USB card? If there's no way you can get at the (possibly) damaged PS/2 ports, that's the way I'd go. Short of buying a new case/mobo, that is.

Codex85, Dec 2, 2005
    1. Advertisements

3. rafiki6

spike228 ST 38 VIP Member

how old are we talking? when slots were still ISA with a single PCI slot? if so, then i think its time for an upgrade. it wouldn't really be worth your time to try and fix it up.

but if you absolutely MUST have this computer, are there USB slots?

spike228, Dec 2, 2005
  4. rafiki6

rafiki6 VIP Member

Never Mind Gents, it seems my while I was unattaching my mouse and keyboard for a cleaing, I accidentally knocked the short pin connectors, i think, out of place, so i just reattached them and everything is fine. Thanks for all your suggestions anyway.

rafiki6, Dec 2, 2005
  5. rafiki6

Codex85 Mouse Potato VIP Member

Heh, the simple solutions are always the best.

Codex85, Dec 2, 2005
  6. rafiki6

Goober THQ's Jester Moderator

Even if he didnt have a usb slot, guys, he could have managed to get his hands on a serial mouse, or a ps/2 to serial adapter ;) Glad you got it fixed.

Goober, Dec 2, 2005
  7. rafiki6

spike228 ST 38 VIP Member

just for kicks:

...and where would you find one?

spike228, Dec 3, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question