I hate clients or friends who abuse and exploit techies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by plumtart, Feb 26, 2012.

1. plumtart

plumtart

Too many female friends who come to you with their tedious computer problems, and when you have spent all effort to get them 100% sorted out, they dont even give you a verbal thank you or any financial rewards. Rather, they may turn against you and say mean things like 'do you feel you're such a jerk', 'do you feel you are self centered', 'you shouldnt be rewarded, your service sucks'.
    I have over 15 years of full time IT working experience with dozens of vendor certs, awards and qualifications, and feel im too old to take ****.
    What I do with folks that eat you alive, is to throw them away if I get the sense that the way they think is not to treasure your time, and take your competency and living hours for granted. Any rubbish who take away your credit and effort thanklessly or even bad mouth me will not expect they can contact me again for any response in the future. Lets do the same to others so they wont think they're in luck to find the next computer techie target to exploit and throw away.

plumtart, Feb 26, 2012
    michael clay likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. plumtart

Zeus Moderator

Welcome to the board :)

I have been doing IT work for a tad over a decade now and I tend to have more clients that are appreciative of my work than generally rude when I am finished. Generally, for me atleast, it is usually the guys that are rude. Women usually tend to try to flirt to get the services cheaper or for free, which I have no objections with clients flirting, I flirt right back. It's never gotten me laid, but it pays well ;). Anyway, with the rude ones, I sling it right back at them, male or female and when they walk out the door I forget it ever happened.

Zeus, Feb 26, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. plumtart

Maurice Bloody good bloke VIP Member

I've lost count of the bottles of red wine and/or whisky I have received for helping to fix the most minor problems on people laptops.

Maurice, Feb 28, 2012
  4. plumtart

jaydeee

That is bad.
    It is good that I have not experienced something like that.
    As respect to myself, I do servicing on my convenience.
    They are all good all the time

jaydeee, Feb 24, 2013
  5. plumtart

leadarrows American VIP Member

Rude people are more out going so it seems like they are a larger percentage then they are. The good news is they are easy to spot which makes them easy to avoid.

leadarrows, Mar 1, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question