I got a demon-face peering @ me!! Do I have an 'intruder'??

Discussion in 'System Security & Infection Support' started by SandPetal, Nov 17, 2003.

1. SandPetal

SandPetal

G'Day Dreamers,

A couple of hours ago I experienced a real horror right on my PC screen.

This little demon face appeared about half inch x half inch on every page/file I opened. After staring at it mesmerized for a bit I finally realized 'maybe a hacker' & disconnected. The face stayed though.

What did it all mean?? Was I hacked?? What's my next step??

I ain't got protection. Keep in mind I can't afford much. So what should I do to take precautions (firewalls etc)? I'm using my bro's PC (we share a line) 'cause I'm nervous about switching mine back on.

Keep in mind I'm pretty much PC illiterate if you are kind enough to answer ( keep the jargon simple to understand plz).

SandPetal, Nov 17, 2003
    1. Advertisements

2. SandPetal

Rasput!n R0X0R

Back up your files, put in system recovery cd you got with computer, thats the best bet for YOU, the lay person.

Rasput!n, Nov 17, 2003
    1. Advertisements

3. SandPetal

James Photojournalist

Hmm, that is interesting. You don't happen to have a screen shot of it do you? It's probably a program like Bonzi or some sort of spyware. Download and run Ad-Aware. Also, I would really advice getting an Anti-virus scanner.

Check out HijackThis, run that and post the log here if you'd like.

James, Nov 17, 2003
  4. SandPetal

undeadpenguin Bang. VIP Member

Ahh! Call an exorsist! The Earth is being destroyed! What does the demon face look like; this? Maybe a BSD'er hacked your system :lol .
    Or maybe it was Bob. One of the XScreensavers is a demon that looks sorta like Bob (pipe included).

Were you on a webpage? Maybe it was the site you were on's logo :q .

Last edited: Nov 17, 2003
    undeadpenguin, Nov 17, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question